Wednesday, September 7, 2016

List: Ten things that September 1st is way too soon to start.

Before we get into today's post, let me apologize for my sudden disappearance last week.
On top of being a busy little bee, I locked myself out of my lap top.
I then attempted to recover my account only to get locked out of that also.
Apparently my recovery password was a date, but in what format?!  Smh...
Huge thanks to my manager who spent a week trying to help me hack into my own computer.
Luckily he needed me to work from home this weekend so he made it a priority.
We did get a good laugh out of my answers for the new recovery questions.  Win, win!

*************************************

Question:  When is the official last day of Summer?
Answer:  The last day of Summer is September 22.
Did the stores trick you into thinking it was 3 weeks ago?!

We have the majority of the month of September to still enjoy the thrills of Summer.
That being said, WHY is everyone prematurely welcoming Autumn when all we wanted was Summer?!
We still have another month to hit the beach, rock a barbecue, and live in flip flops.
We're always so focused on what's next that we forget to enjoy what's now.
FYI - Autumn is my favorite season, so don't think I'm hating on the fall!


Ten things that September 1st is way too soon to start.

1.  Opening Halloween stores.
We've all seen the stores that only open for Halloween to sell us costumes and overpriced makeup.
Well, nobodies thinking about their Halloween costume with the sun shining this bright!

2.  Pumpkin flavored goodies.
As much as I love my pumpkin flavored treats, it's just way too soon!
We should boycott pumpkin until AFTER September 22nd and grab a refreshing lemonade instead.

3,  Displaying the chunky sweater department.
We all love to snuggle with our chunky sweaters on a cool, crisp day but not when its 90 degrees!
Did I mention that I destroyed my favorite swimsuit and can't find a replacement anywhere?!

4.  Fall themed magazine articles.
I got the latest issue of my favorite magazine and was disgusted by all the Autumn headlines!
It's way too soon for me to switch to my colder season skin regiment.  I'm still rocking the A.C.!!

5.  Buying candy corn.
Every year I invest in bags of candy corn to fill my glass pumpkin, but I still got weeks to worry about that!
Maybe the CEO of Target likes to snack on candy corn while soaking up the sun on the beach.

6.  Hanging holiday lights.
I made my husband make a U-turn to show him a neighbor's Christmas lights display.
For this, I simply I have NO words.  Let's just move on...

7.  Hot sales on spray tans.
I'm all for a good spray tan, but not when I still got my natural tan on my skin!
Why can't they save these sales for January.  That's when I really need to rock one...

8.  Opening the Halloween departments.
I understand that something has to replace the school supplies display, but really?
What if you fill it with bulk items until after September 22nd?  Is that too much to ask?!

9.  Discounted Thanksgiving sets.
While shopping at the outlets, I couldn't believe the hot sales Lenox was having on Thanksgiving goods!
I confess that I made three purchases.  In my defense, they were practically FREE!

10.  Wearing Ugg boots.
While I'm not a fan of Uggs, I love my boot collection so much I wear them for half the year!
Random girl on the street, how bad does your feet STINK after your walk in those things in this heat?!

What do you think September is too soon for?

7 comments:

  1. lol hey, getting their lights up early beats doing it in the cold and snow. But then they have 2-3 months before that starts, so may be a bit early. Good job locking yourself out too, the cat is rolling his eyes at you haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. they already have Christmas lights up? Crazy idiots....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dezzzmeister... aren't all idiots crazy?

      Delete
  3. Number 3 is so annoying. Did I mention it is annoying?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refuse to acknowledge that summer is coming to an end soon. I still need to get to the one more time. I feel like it's been neglected way too much this year. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like other stores with Christmas stuff, they're really trying to get everything set up and ready for the big wave. I like going early as those stores are crowded like crazy the closer to the 31st. Ever gotten a costume on the 30th or 31st. It's pure hell

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is WAY too hot for sweaters and boots but I don't blame people for already getting into the spirit. I think we're all excited and ready for change

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved