Wednesday, August 3, 2016

List: Ten tips to help you make the best decision.

Whenever something goes wrong in my little world, I obsess over it.
Whenever it’s just a possibility that something can go wrong, I obsess over it.
I really can’t help it!!  I won’t be able to sleep at night or concentrate during the day.
I understand that it’s a waste of time to worry about something you can’t control.
I also understand that obsessing over something will not change it.
Just because I understand something, doesn’t mean that I can just turn my brain off!

Ten tips to help you make the best decision.

1.  Decipher which parts are in your control.
As much as I hate to admit this, not everything is within an individual’s control.
We need to learn to let those things be, accept them, and then move on.

2.  Write a pros and cons list.
Make sure this list is detailed and honest and that you account for the worth of each argument.
As long as you didn’t force it to sway in a certain direction, be attentive to the outcome.

3.  Pick a non-negotiable.
Before considering your options, pick out one non-negotiable result.
This will help you eliminate the choices that will break your chosen rule.

4.  Narrow down your choices.
Use your non-negotiable factor and your pros/cons list to narrow down your list of choices to two.
The more choices you have to pick from, the harder it will be to decide.

5.  Don’t ask multiple people for advice.
Choose only one person that can relate to your experience to give you guidance.
Asking for advice from everyone would seem like a great idea, but advice overload is confusing.

6.  Ignore bias parties.
Don’t allow anyone to bully you.  This includes anyone influenced by the biased party.
People involved in the situation may try to sway you to make a decision in their favor.

7.  Do what is best for you.
It’s nice to consider all the people that will be affected, but, always be your own priority.
People that really care about you will understand that it’s your life that you have to live.

8.  Consider the unexpected.
Don’t ignore a new and better opportunity simply because it wasn’t there before.
Sometimes a simple A and B decision, becomes an A, B, and C decision.

9.  Prepare for the consequences of your decision.
The majority of the time we know the outcome of the choices we make.
As mentioned in #1, realize it’s out of your control, accept them, and then move on.

10.  Politely tell all the involved parties your decision.
Always make sure that you act in a way that you can be proud of in the end.
Make sure you are cordial, direct, and apologize if you feel the need to do so.

How do you make a difficult decision?

10 comments:

  1. I always trust my gut. Sometimes my IBS even comes in handy 'cause I can tell when somethin' bad is gonna turn into sh*t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 6 is a big one, as people will always try and get you to do what is best for them and not you. At least some people. Pffft to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't know. I usually follow my heart... not a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thoughts. My final decision always comes down to prayer and deep thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's how I finally stopped obsessing and learned to Let Go. I prayed using the Serenity Prayer:

    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

    Really calmed my obsessive butt down ;) Then again, I was a wackjob haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm fortunate because my son and/or Willy Dunne Wooters often help me make decisions. Sometimes simply explaining to one of them what I need to do helps me decide.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pray for wisdom. #1

    And I totally agree with #5...I always regret it when I do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might print this and hand a copy out to each of my granddaughters. Excellent list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an important life skill. I always taught a few lessons on this each year in high school health.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved