Monday, August 15, 2016

List: Ten signs that you're officially overwhelmed.

I've been so busy that I've been losing track of myself lately.
I knew I've been overbooked because I wasn't accomplishing all that I typically do.
Did anyone notice the mysteriously missing Wednesday post last week??  I did and I sighed.

Work and taking care of my family have officially consumed me.
When I finally have done the bare minimum that needs to be done, I'm out of energy.
As one would expect, this lack of daily duties has also led to some household arguments.
Which also wastes perfectly good productive time and motivation!

Last night I finally got the message the universe has been telling me.
"Jax, you're overwhelmed and need to slow down before you burn out!"
I completely forgot about a planned event and had to stop mid-task to make it.  That ain't like me!


Ten signs that you're officially overwhelmed.

1.  You're paycheck mysteriously doubled.
Companies don't just donate to your cause.  You earned that cash, but burning yourself out in overtime.
I'm still crossing my fingers on that huge promotion so I can say buh bye to that crazy OT!

2.  You're healthy home cooked meals have vanished.
Cooking a healthy meal from scratch is now a foreign idea replaced with hot dogs and chicken nuggets!
This is a huge one especially for someone who really enjoys those home cooked meals.

3.  You haven't called your grandmother in a week.
I make a point of calling nanny at least twice a week, but the past few weeks just disappeared!
Now that I think about it, she didn't call me either.  You think she's mad?!

4.  Your husband has to remind you to say "hello".
With limited time and too many things to do, little things like a kiss hello gets eliminated.
I got insulted when he first called me out, but now I'm smiling thinking about how he cared!

5.  You ignore the ant infestation in the bathroom.
I saw several teeny tiny ants crawling around the bathroom, and I just shut the door.
The entire world knows how much I hate bugs, but I just didn't have time for that!

6.  You live with only 6 painted nails.
The second one gel polish pops off I run to the nail salon to have a whole new set painted on.
Even my manager told me to slow down when he saw that half my nails were naked!

7.  You use your phone calendar and still forget events.
If it ain't in my calendar and my phone doesn't alarm me, I won't remember it.
My brain is so frazzled that this isn't even true anymore!

8.  Your hosting a gathering and don't even write a list.
A week before any event I write up a menu and a list of everything that needs to be done.
The day before, my hubby said "I don't know what to do without your list".  That totally made me swoon!

9.  You eat over the crumb stuck under the glass.
My OCD always makes me cringe when things are stuck between the glass and table.
Well, writing about that made me stop and finally get that crumb impostor out.  Problem solved!

10.  You're daughter tells you not to work anymore.
This one killed me.  I stopped everything I was doing to have some play time with my mushy!
She's growing up quicker than I could have ever imagined and I don't want to miss it.

What signs does the universe give you to slow down?

3 comments:

  1. Methinks I've always lived overwhelmed, which is why my motto is to ignore the problems even if they exist :) Did I tell you I haven't had a break since January 2015?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to take time for yourself Jax. If you don't, no one else will. Life is way too short!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer to stay whelmed at my sea, in the middle is way more fun. Burning yourself out working all the time isn't going to get you anything good in the end, as you may have "stuff" but you won't have the time or good health to enjoy it. So damn that.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved