Wednesday, June 1, 2016

List: Ten superficial summer things to enjoy a day out with your daughter.

As my daughter and I sit quietly in the dark trying to stay cool, I find myself trying to think positive.
We weren't fortunate enough for central A.C. and I'm afraid to use a window unit after all those bugs!
We are sitting here fighting the strong desire to take a quick nap with brainstorming.
Tomorrow is our mommy & daughter date to enjoy the fun, superficial things that come with summer.
Oh, how I love having a mini me that seems to really enjoy the things I also cherish...  Swoon!


Ten superficial summer things...
...that can totally be used to make a summer time date with your daughter rock!

1.  Breakfast in the sun.
The start of our itinerary involves a hearty breakfast with daddy while lounging in the backyard.
Our menu will consist of watermelon, blueberries, soft boiled eggs, and toast!

2.  Taking in our first harvest.
Breakfast outside will be followed with harvesting our fully grown string beans and red tomatoes!
Baby girl is real excited about this!  She can't believe that fruits and veggies come from plants.

3.  Enjoying a short summer drive.
We'll give daddy a quick kiss good bye and enjoy a short summer drive.
The windows will be wide open, our hair will be blowing, and we'll be singing Disney's greatest hits!

4.  Getting a summer trim...and dye.
Baby girl needs her summer trim and I need to lighten my locks.
Peace out brunette and HELLO red head!  I wait all year long to rock my red hair.  It's finally here!

5.  Pampering ourselves with a summer mani.
We'll then walk to my nail salon to enjoy a relaxing manicure.  Gelish mani for me and just paint for her.
Remember that this is a summer manicure!  That means go with real bright and lots of sparkles.

6.  Take a lunch break with outside seating.
We'll rock a local pizzeria so my baby girl can munch on her favorite slice while getting some vitamin D.
Make sure to grab the seat with an umbrella.  You'll want some shade with that hot slice!

7.  Follow up lunch with a cold treat.
We'll grab two chocolate Ginos Italian Ices to go as we leave the pizzeria.
We love this dessert because it keeps us cool as we walk, eat, and window shop the specialty stores!

8.  Make a quick stop to surprise daddy.
Before heading home from our hot date, we'll stop at the butcher to pick up some nice skirt steaks!
Daddy totally deserves a reward for picking up the slack while we were enjoying a day out.

9.  Whip up some easy sides while daddy lights up the grill.
Daddy may be crashing and he may be the third wheel, but we love to have dinner as a family!
Besides, he knows how we like our steak!  Rare for me and burnt to a crisp for them two.

10.  Homemade lemonade and s'mores for dessert.
Since the barbecue is already lit we may as well make a fabulous summer time treat, s'mores!
Mommy toasts the marshmallows while baby girl lounges and sips her lemonade.  Diva!

Well, we feel cool already!
Who needs air conditioning when you have an itinerary like that to look forward to?
We really can't wait for tomorrow!

How would you spend your parent & child summer date?

9 comments:

  1. Since I live in humidity hell in southeastern NC, I got stuck on no central air. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds brilliant - just a girls' day out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do plans magically make the sweating go away too? lol Sounds like a fun day out with her indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use the window A/C! Use it! lol....

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'tis a tough question, since I never really had parents nor kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. #10 is like the most perfect, quintessential childhood summer activity. Doesn't get any better.

    Manis & Pedis and eating outside are always wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't turned on the air since getting my new house. It's not as bad as I expected. I'm hoping my elec bill agrees with me

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved