Wednesday, June 15, 2016

List: Ten pieces of advice from my grandmother.

That good looking couple also happens to be two of my favorite people, my grandparents.
Nanny and Papa are the essence of stability that keeps our family together and our lives in order.
Their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren owe them everything.
I'm pretty sure that if you asked anyone in my large family they would totally agree with me!

That being said, today is my nanny's 75th birthday.
I'd like to wish my grandmother many more years filled with health, happiness, and love.
Happy birthday, Nanny!


In honor of nanny's milestone birthday, I'd like to prove that I have been listening all of these years.
Here is a list of my grandmother's greatest advice.
You're welcome for sharing my family's greatest secrets to life!

Ten pieces of life advice from my grandmother.

1.  If you ever feel like you need to hide something from me, then don't do it.
I can tell my nanny anything, so chances are if I need to hide something, this would be true!
I remember the day she told me this.  It was after she found out I hosted a love love toy party.  Eep!

2.  A man that knows how to work with his hands will never starve.
When people were hard on me for marrying "below my status", my grandmother was the one supporter.
It's still crazy to me how brutal people can be when it comes to income and status.  Puh-lease!

3.  Don't be afraid of the dead.  Only fear the living.
I still shake in fear from every creak and noise I hear.  This is something that used to consume me.
Although I still have serious anxiety when it comes to death and anything to do with it.

4.  Don't ever lay in a bed without checking the sheets.
I'm not sure what she's looking for, but I've witnessed her find bugs and even sometimes crumbs.
My papa endearingly calls her Inspector Clueso, but he knows that he always got clean sheets!

5.  Don't fight with a man.  Use those mistakes to persuade him in the future.
Obviously she means this to avoid a fight over those relatively insignificant things.
Lord knows she'd fight if necessary.  It's funny though that papa don't make many mistakes.

6.  Don't fear the truth.  Whatever it is, you can deal with it.
Every time I have a hypochondriac meltdown she responds to my "what if"s with this nugget.
I find myself saying these words to myself often.  We can't change what happens, but we can react.

7.  Never allow yourself to be addicted to anything.
My grandmother despises anything that can control your life, including any type of addiction.
She even frowns upon a caffeine headache!  I mean, I know coffee isn't good for you, but really?!

8.  Don't allow something minor to ruin something great.
She'll always revert back to her wedding when the florist brought the wrong flowers.
Her uncle told her, "If this is the worst thing that happens today, you're one lucky lady!".

9.  You have your entire life to do anything.  Do what's important to you now.
Surprisingly, she always tells me this when I stress over my degree.
Maybe she feels that at this point that I don't need it.  I have a career, a family, and a good life.

10.  When your sauce is watery, turn up the heat.
This is true figuratively and literally.
I mean, who likes a watery sauce?  Um, no!

Please join me in wishing my Nanny a real happy birthday!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Nanny!
    All my grandparents are dead, but I've never been close to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your wise, wonderful Nanny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope she has a great 75th birthday. Wise words indeed, you'd think she's break you have your hypochondriac-ness by now lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your nanny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Nanny! And the last one, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Nanny! (That's what we called my grandma too) She has lots of great pearls of wisdoms to share. Keep 'em coming, Nanny!

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved