Friday, June 3, 2016

Let's Discuss: To follow or not to follow some friendly advice.

I spent a few hours the other day browsing through my old entries at R&W.
Don't judge!  I had an extra cup of coffee and I just couldn't fall asleep...
I was all smiles reminiscing on things I've long forgotten about when I stumbled upon this gem.

****************************************************************


I have this habit of dating blue collar men.
My exes are typically maintenance men and electricians.
There's just something hot about a man who knows how to use his hands!

I've tried dating accountants and financial advisors but it never works out.
They were always boring and talking about boring things such as IPO and the stock market.
Ok, so I totally had to Google IPO the first time I heard a guy mention it...

I was discussing this with my girlfriend recently.
She went on to lecture me about "limiting myself" and "being able to do better".
While I get that money is important, blue collar workers are still capable of bringing it in.
Maybe I am biased.  My father, The Viking, is a shoe repair man that always pays his bills!

The bottom line to this little story is that everything comes down to money and social class.

To me, only dating men that have high paying jobs would be limiting oneself.
To others, dating men without a 6 figure income is an immediate limit to oneself.
How about eliminating both and just date a bum that doesn't work at all?  No?  Ok...

****************************************************************

My first reaction was to scowl remembering this conversation.
My second reaction was a beam of pride knowing that I didn't allow a good friend to sway my judgement.
My husband, the love of my life, does grounds maintenance.
 It's a fancy title for the man who fixes the boilers, sprinklers, and all sort of mechanics on a building.
Guess what?  I'm proud of what he does!  He supports our family AND is useful around the house.

Have you ever caved to peer pressure?

7 comments:

  1. I try to be my own person but peer pressure is rough. I definitely stay true to my roots though. When people tell me they can't believe I don't have a luxury car because my husband is a doctor, I tell 'em my 'stang will blow the freakin' doors off your fancy schmancy car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peer pressure it tough when your young and still tough when your older. But as you age, you find you care less and less what others think because you're comfortable in your own skin and with your own decisions. Glad you married your maintenance man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pfffft "friendly" advice is hardly ever friendly and hardly ever right advice for you. So pffft is what they get at best and go pound sand up your umm bum is what they get at worst lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Blue collar guy at night.
    That's right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother told me I would never be able to hold down a job so I'd better marry a rich man. I married a poor man and gave him my education fund so he could go to school. He ended up with a PhD. It took me twenty years to get a BA. My mother was a woman of her time, but she was wrong. Of course, he dumped me and married someone else to join him in his wealthy retirement years. But I pay my bills. He's addicted to gambling, and the second wife can have his cheating ass.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. People should just be happy to have a job in general in this economy. Money does not always mean happiness either. If you become a slave to your job... if you have no time for your significant other, family and friends etc, is the money worth it?? These are struggles people deal with all the time even in a mediocre paying job... is work more important than having a life?? Sometimes to find a balance is difficult. Pros and cons to every side of the coin.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved