Every family has their own method to keeping the peace in their home.
It may be a method based around rewards or it may be based on punishment.
Some families prefer to be proactive while others rely on being reactive.
As long as your method works for you, we're happy!
My family recently hit a little bump in the road.
My husband and I were clashing on how we wanted to run our household.
...and let's not forget that my 3 year old had her own opinions to add...
Our resolution was to sit down as a family and set house rules.
We used bulletin paper and listed our 10 rules with the consequences of breaking them.
Not to mention my daughter is the first to call us out on breaking a rule! Cop much?!
The ten rules of our home.
1. Do not yell, scream, or call each other names.
2. Do not curse.
3. Do not run in the house.
4. Make all decisions together as a family.
5. Do not ask the same question more than 3 times per day.
6. Do not lie.
7. Unless impossible, always eat together as a family.
8. Always respect each other.
9. Clean up after yourself.
10. Do not forget your manners including the pleases, thank yous, and you're welcomes.
**If mommy or daddy are to break any of these rules, they will lose their phones for 1 hour per offense. If baby girl breaks any of these rules, she will lose her favorite toy for 1 hour per offense.
I guess I need to stop repeating the same question or I'm going to be without a phone! Eep!
What are the rules and consequences of your home?