Friday, March 18, 2016

Recipe: Tomato Soup with Eggs and Ricotta.

One of my favorite meals to make when I was single was tomato soup with egg.
It was REAL easy to make and very filling.
It's also less the carbs so it was totally waistline friendly!

Once my hubby and I got together, I tried to make it once in a while as a quick dinner.
He would refuse to eat it and tell me that it looked like vomit.
In his defense, this quick dish really does look like someone puked.
Finally, after some strong persuasion tactics, I got him to try it.
...and he absolutely loved it...

How to make tomato soup with eggs and ricotta.

First, you need a can of Amy's Organic Chunky Bisque Soup.
I use three cans to feed my husband, my daughter, and myself for dinner.
It really HAS to be this brand.  I've tried many others and none compared.


Second, you need plenty of eggs.
I use two eggs for everyone one can of soup.
I'm not fussy on the brand of eggs, but I somehow always end up with Market Pantry.


After gathering both ingredients, I'll coat the bottom of my medium sized pot with olive oil.
Then I'll pour all of the cans of soup into the pot and add the eggs.
I'll then thoroughly mix together the soup and the eggs.
Once they're combined, I'll boil the mixture for a solid 10 minutes stirring frequently.
When it's fully cooked, the soup should pretty much be sucked up by the eggs.

After it's cooked, I'll pour them into large bowls leaving a decent amount of room.
I'll then add two very large spoon fulls of ricotta on top of the soup.
I strongly suggest using Polly-O ricotta.  I've yet to find one to even closely compete.


I like to eat it by grabbing a little bit of ricotta and soup at the same time.
My husband likes to mix the ricotta into the soup before eating.
Either way, it really is delicious.
Quick, easy, and budget friendly.  You just need to get past the appearance.

Have you, or will you, try tomato soup with eggs & ricotta?

5 comments:

  1. I love tomato soup--this sounds like an interesting variation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess you can't judge food on whether or not it looks like vomit lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a strange combo, dear sister! It wouldn't kill you, though, to make your own tomato soup instead of using the toxic one from the can, you know :PP

    ReplyDelete
  4. anytime someone complains about looks, remind them that cola looks like raw sewage and sprite/other lemon drinks looks like saliva

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of anything like this!

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved