Wednesday, March 30, 2016

List: How to plan a Disney vacation in 2016.

Growing up I was a very lucky girl.
Every summer my grandparents took me, my brother, and my cousin to Disney World.
We always looked forward to this road trip and the vacation never disappointed.
As we got older my grandparents starting cashing in their Disney timeshare for other trips.
While we haven't gone in years, the memories have never left me.
I may just have the best nanny and papa in the entire world.  Just saying!

These days my grandparents are completely uninterested in making this trip.
While that's true, they kept their timeshare so their great grandchildren can have the same memories.
With a new generation on the family tree, our nanny and papa is still the best!

My husband and I agreed this year we'd utilize the timeshare and take the famous road trip.
He doesn't know how we'd spent a night at Savannah, Georgia or about our special detours.
We're going to take this family tradition and make it our own this time.
And I can't wait!!!!

How to plan a Disney vacation in 2016.

1.  Start the planning as early as possible.
Things aren't as simple as they were all those years ago.
Everything in Disney and Disney related are based on paid reservations.
Example:  We started planning 3 months ago and we're unable to reserve half of what we wanted.

2.  Download the Disney application.
This makes booking, changing, and canceling reservations real easy.
It's also a fantastic way to view your "itinerary".
I'm a little disappointed how a Disney trip became all time slots and schedules.

3.  Consider opening a Disney credit card.
I've searched high and low for discounted tickets for Disney world.  They don't exist.
The best deal was opening a Disney card for a $200 credit on your first large purchase.
Buying the tickets with the card was like having a $200 coupon.  Then pay it off.

4.  Learn the Disney lingo.
You'll want to research things like "hopper tickets", "memory maker", and "fast pass+".
If all else fails, call Disney direct and have them explain these terms for you.
Overwhelming is an understatement.  One plus is "fast pass+" is free!

5.  Pick which parks you're going to on which day.
You'll need to know this so you can schedule your "fast pass+" options and reserve dining spots.
Dining reservations seem to book up the quickest.  If you're picky with this, do it stat!
I was real sad to learn that all 3 meals with the princesses was booked MONTHS in advance.

6.  Decide if you want to attend a character dining.
I wanted to book a fun dining for my mush and a fun dining for my Godson.
Unfortunately, 3 months in advance was too late.  Many of these experiences were booked.
I was able to grab a spot for Brunch at Chef Mickeys and a lunch with Safari Donald Duck.

7.  Decide if you want to attend a dinner show.
These book just as quickly as the character dining.  If you want a popular show, book it now.
Look into the different cuisines, shows, and drink availability to decide which is the best.
We settled for the Hoop Dee Doo Revoo.  We were sold at unlimited Sangria.  Heyyy!!

8.  Research what rides or events have the longest line.
You can only book 3 "fast pass+" appointments per park per day.
You want to pick these wisely.  Word is the character signings have the longest lines.
We tried to book our fast passes in the morning and around our dining reservations.

9.  Look into the free events that your ticket includes.
There are many experiences that don't cost anything extra once you're in the park.
There are parades, fireworks shows, and other events that go on during the day.  Plan around them!
This is when the app's itinerary comes in handy.  You can set reminders for these events!

10.  Become real familiar with your app.
This app lets you know wait times and character appearances without walking the park.
Use it to avoid long waits and to get the most out of your trip.
The magic of Disney has become a very meticulously planned event.

What are you Disney trip planning tips?

6 comments:

  1. Sadly, I don't think I'll ever see Disneyland in my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are folks who actually make a living as Disney trip planners and there are websites devoted to it. It's really quite mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, 3 months and still can't get all you want? Planning sure is key to go to Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness...it sounds a little complicated and stressful! Good thing you have that app!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Step one: give disney all your money

    There is no step two

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish to go disney but according to my situation I don't no when I'll go there!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved