Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Ideas: How to make a fun Easter basket for your toddler.

**While I'm busy playing Easter bunny and getting my home ready for the holiday, enjoy my favorite Easter themed re-posts.  For those who celebrate, here's to a very happy, happy Easter!**

************************************************

For all of my readers that celebrate Easter, here is a step by step guide to make the perfect basket.
Some of you may not know this about me, but I am totally NOT crafty.
…and by not crafty I mean, the abbreviation DIY makes me cry and art makes me nauseous…
Luckily, this lack of creativity is genetic which means Madre was able to guide me in simple terms.
She gave me step by step instructions that will make my Mushy think I’m a basket making pro.
What’s that? Thank you?  Oh, yea, you’re VERY welcome my fellow non-crafty people!

via
Ten steps for the perfect Easter basket for your toddler.

Step 1:  Pick a practical theme.
This could be a color, a hobby, a movie, or even a band!
I was torn between my Mushy’s three favorites; Sponge Bob, Rio, and Olaf.  Olaf won.

Step 2:  Buy a basket.
As my amazing man constantly reminded the other day, don’t buy a huge basket.
You will feel obligated to fill the basket, so choose one that’s cute and reasonably sized.
To stick with my Olaf theme, I picked one that was baby blue with silver strips throughout.

Step 3:  Pick and buy the “big” gift.
Madre was very firm when she said that this is NOT Christmas.
Proper Easter basket etiquette is to fill it with one large gift and then a bunch of smaller items.
I picked the Olaf-A-Lot speaking doll toy from target.  It’s theme related and lots of fun!  Score!

Step 4:  Pick and buy (1) chocolate bunny.
The chocolate bunny is an Easter staple and should be displayed appropriately.
The size of the bunny is dependent upon the size of the basket.
I got the Dove dark chocolate bunny since it’s my favorite and obviously Mushy takes after me…

Step 5:  Purchase paper grass.
You will need this to line the bottom of the basket.
Madre suggests paper because a child or pet is less likely to choke if it’s consumed on accident.
I picked silver light gray and baby blue to go with my theme.

Step 6:  Buy Easter themed candy.
There are so many options to choose from that this part was the most fun!
Madre suggested to stick to three candies to keep in budget and still be festive.
I went with traditional Peeps, little chocolate carrots, and bite sized Milkyways so Mushy don’t choke.

Step 7:  Pick your basket fillers.
Madre suggested rocking the dollar section of Target to find cheap fillers.
Surprisingly, I found many fun things to fit in the Easter theme that were only $1 each.
I got Olaf tattoos, Olaf activity books, Olaf silverware, crayons, and a stuffed bunny.

Step 8:  Purchase plastic eggs.
These were surprisingly inexpensive and could totally be reused year after year!
Use the majority of the eggs to hide on Easter morning, but set aside 3 or 4 to put into the basket.
Growing up there was always a dollar inside the eggs in my basket.  I decided to do the same!

Step 9:  Buy plastic cellophane.
This is to wrap around the completed Easter basket so make sure it’s sized accordingly.
I wanted to go with my theme on this, but Madre was right to push the clear plastic to emphasize the basket.

Step 10:  Put the basket together.
Start with lining the basket with the grass and placing the “big” gift as the focal point.
Then place the chocolate bunny to the side, yet in a place where it would be the second thing noticed.
Sprinkle the candy along the bottom of the basket and then randomly place the plastic eggs.
Take the filler gifts and strategically place them around the “big” gift.
Cover with the clear plastic cellophane and staple closed.
Madre’s final suggestion is to hide the basket and then put it out Easter morning next to a gnawed on carrot.

What are your Easter basket tips?

7 comments:

  1. sounds like your kid will love Easter bunny this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. She'll sure have a happy easter I'm sure there at your shore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tips. I don't have to make Easter baskets yet, but when I do I'll follow your tips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas indeed, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #2 is a genius tip--to watch the size of the basket. completely something i wouldn't have thought of. i would have gone for the biggest one and he's totally right, i would have felt obligated to fill it. happy (hoppy, hehe) easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd always get the store-bought ones as a kid. I loved it

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved