Monday, March 7, 2016

Bloghop: Question of the Month

The very entertaining and talented Mike from A Life Examined has graciously decided to host a party.
Well, it might not be a party exactly, but it’s at least considered a gathering!
He has initiated a bloghop called Question of the Month and I’m honored to a part of it.
It was open to the world, but Jax can pretend that it’s an exclusive “gathering”, right? RIGHT?!


Have you ever met an idol/influence/some you really admire?  How did it go?
I haven't met a full ten people that I can say that I admire(d), so we'll have to settle for five!

1.  Aaron Carter
For my 21st birthday, I went to go see my childhood crush, Aaron Carter, at a concert and meet and greet.
Let's just say that this was the biggest disappointment of my life!

2.  Paternal Grandfather
My grandpa has passed away, but I am one of the few grandchildren that's fortunate enough to remember him.
The stories of how he protected his family in Sicily from Mussolini's men will forever make him my top idol.

3.  CEO
I work for a very large and successful company.  I was lucky enough to meet the CEO and learn some tips.
I was beyond humbled when he approached me and pursued a conversation about his grandchildren.

4.  Dog the Bounty Hunter
I used to watch this show on repeat!  When I found out he was going to be at a meet and greet, I ran to line up.
Let's just say that he's far less impressive in person then he is on TV.  I did a get picture and to shake his hand!

5.  A Physical Therapist
Madre got very sick and thought she'd never walk again.  Thanks to an amazing PT she walks today.
I  met this life saver on the day of my wedding.  She came to watch my mom walk down the aisle.

What personal idols have you met?

13 comments:

  1. I bet Aaron was still bettah than the Bieber troll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dez, I think you'd be surprised!!! He was high and hyper literally swinging from the sprinkler pipes above the stage. Then he crashed and ditched on the 5 mile line of girls that came to meet him.

      Delete
  2. Awe what sweet stories about your grandfather and physical therapist. As much as I dream about Troy Aikman and have a whole fantasy life built with him, sadly I still have not met him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Troy aikman?? I'm off to google!

      Delete
  3. lol goes to show that tv land is a much better way to watch some of these fools. But then you have much better real people to look up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that meeting personal heros trumps TV celebrity--not surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to loathe Aaron Carter, so that's rather funny.

    I heard he recently came out in support of Donald Trump and said "We have a $200 trillion deficit"

    The USA GDP is 17 trillion (2014), so let's just say he's making that number up and doesn't know the difference between national debt (which is like 19 trillion) and a deficit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to meet Dog and Beth. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandfather sounds amazing. Very cool that you know real life heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha why was Aaron Carter such a disappointment? Did he not want to meet you? That last one is a sweet story :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a pretty cool list. I'd like to have met my paternal grandfather, but he died when my dad was 12--many years before I was born.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  10. um I love that you met Dog the Bounty Hunter, ha! Funny he was less impressive. I met Matthew Perry and he hated me and it was so sad, ha. Then again, I did totally interrupt his dinner like a brat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The grandfather and PT story has me almost in tears. I also think it's cool you got to talk to your CEO about his grandkids.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved