Monday, February 8, 2016

List: Ten ways to be a nice guy.

The company I work for has me surrounded by many different men at all times of the day.
It's not as amazing as it sounds, ladies, trust me on that one!!  haha 
 The one thing I learned during this time is that all of the "manly" stereotypes are completely false.
Men have cliques, they talk crap, they enjoy a juicy story, and they're real competitive.
It's crazy when the majority of company rumors all start with the gossiping manly men!

The ladies of the office have each taken a group of these men under their wing. 
I, too, am guilty of being a part of my own clique of co-working men.
I jokingly call our clique "the nice guy list"!
  Truth is I gravitate to the nice guys.  You know, the chivalrous, good guy with a baby face!

A close co-working buddy of mine always jokingly asks "How do I get on the nice guy list?".
It's real simple, boys!  But, no worries, I'll spell it out for you with a real NICE list.

Ten ways to get on the nice guy list. 

1.  Be chivalrous.
  It's all about holding doors open, doing the heavy lifting, and being a natural knight.
Yes, there are still men that hold doors open and walk you to your car in the dark.  I work with them!

2.  Limit the wandering eye. 
Keep eye contact and don't be blatantly obvious about checking out the woman next to us.
There's nothing more awkward then when you're talking to men who aren't looking at your face!

3.  Genuinely offer to help.
   There's nothing more nice guy-ish then someone who really goes out of their way to help people.
 Last week, one of my nice guys voluntarily pushed out BY HAND everyone that was stuck in the snow.

4.  Be polite.
It's obnoxious when men forget common decencies such as "please" and "thank you".
It irritates me to no end when some men think they're justified in demanding instead of asking.

5.  Don't be obnoxiously conceited.
There's nothing wrong with being a little confident, but conceited men that only brag kill me.
You know the type!  The ones that only converse about how amazing they are at everything!

6.  Be attentive...
Nice guys have a tendency to notice things that other men don't.
It could be as simple as noticing a hair cut or as complicated as recognizing a job well done!

7.  ...but don't demand attention.
I'm all about conversation and joking around, but there's a fine line between friendly and obnoxious.
  Don't be that guy that needs constant attention and validation.

8.  Know how to keep a secret.
A nice guy is someone you can trust to keep your secrets and keep others.
The man that's always spilling other people's dirty laundry is most likely going to spill yours too! 

9.  Have a sense of humor.
A nice guy likes to laugh and also enjoys to make other people laugh.
   I  mean, how could you not put the man that makes everyone smile on the nice guy list?!

10.  Don't be offended by being a nice guy.
Believe it or not, some men just don't want to be nice.
Chances are that if they don't want to be labeled as nice, then they're just not.

What are your "nice guys" like?

9 comments:

  1. The wandering eye is a big one. I sure don't know why guys can't stay focused on the woman they're with and not ogle at other women in close proximity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we see what we like, but not being obvious about it helps.

      I once saw a lady with one of the best behinds in recent memory. She turned around and she was rather old and ugly. She must work out and keep in shape. There was an abyss of different between front and back.

      My boss at the time came up and I saw his reaction without saying a word to him first. I said then "wait until you see the front" and he said "that's what light switches are for".

      Delete
  2. So nice guys don't finish last anymore? You mean I have to do all the heavy lifting? Can I stay in between nice and arsehole? Maybe a nice arse, could have a few meanings lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. #4 is so vital. I don't know why being polite is so hard for people today. #9, Having a good sense of humor is great, as long as it isn't at the expense of others.

    Good list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, why be nice when most ladies actually prefer bad guys? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't have narrowed this list down better myself. So true.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved