Wednesday, February 17, 2016

List: Ten reasons I love social media.

Earlier this month, I posted this article about proper social media etiquette.
I thought this post was mostly common sense so you could imagine my surprise when I got hate mail!
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, R&W officially got HATE MAIL!

This person can't understand why I heavily participate in social media and then hate on it.
Please let it be known that I do not, by any means, hate or even dislike social media.
In fact, it's the opposite!  I think it's a great tool for both business and personal reasons.
I can't believe that I'm defending a post that was clearly about people who misuse social media.

Ten reasons I love social media.

1.  People who are far away seem very close.
We all have those friends and family members that we rarely see.  Social media closes that gap!
Two years past since I saw a friend.  Facebook made it seem like I didn't miss a beat!

2.  Long distance communication is free.
With apps like Facebook, you can call or message people from other countries at no charge.
My husband is always calling his aunts in Brazil and Switzerland through Facebook for FREE! 

3.  There are unlimited opportunities to meet new people.
From dating sites to blogging, there are millions of different ways to meet new people.
I've met many amazing people through social media including many of YOU!

4.  It's a great marketing tool.
You can market anything from your used clothes to your new business through social media.
Social media is really a very effective way to promote any service or good for sale!

5.  It opens many different doors for your career.
Social media tools like Linked In are great ways to find career opportunities and post your resume.
You never know who is going to find your page or what they're going to offer you.

6.  There is an unbelieveable wealth of information.
People are constantly sharing articles of interest on social media that educate others.
I've read many articles that I never would have even thought to research because of social media.

7.  There's always someone willing to help.
You can post a question on Yahoo answers, Facebook, or wherever.  Either way, someone will answer.
You just have to be able to filter through the reliable and unreliable responses!

8.   It's entertaining.
Whether it's a good conversation, looking at a long lost friend's pictures, or playing a game it IS fun.
And who doesn't like to participate in a good form of entertainment?

9.  It's like your own record of memories.
Social media is a great way to save all your photos, videos, and memories.
The best part is that all of those memories are usually stamped with a time and date!

10.  You'll find someone to send hate mail.
Because, you know, some people just don't have anything better to do.
Smh...

Why do you love social media?

7 comments:

  1. haha I love hate mail, then I can make fun of them and I can be happy in the knowledge that I made them waste time out of their day to send me something that doesn't matter. I win. I like how it can connect people from all over and you can get answers fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perplexing that you got hate mail from that post! I thought it was pretty dead-on and benign. No matter! Those are great points. I definitely LOVE the free Facebook aspect. Whenever my husband is traveling abroad (which is a lot) we generally text and call each other through FB too. That really is a huge money saver. And so true about keeping in touch with family. My mom is from east coast and my dad is from midwest so social media helps be more day-to-day with my Aunts/Uncles & Cousins. I would know so much less about their lives without it! PS Congrats on the hate mail, you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you get hate mail, you must be doing something right girl. Oh and I love social media for the pure entertainment value. They don't call it FakeBook for nuthin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once got a death threat for a post I wrote years ago :))) Had to organize my penguin troops to bodyguard me 24/7 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry I've been MIA...just been busy. Reading this post makes my head hurt. People really can make your brain hurt. Hate mail??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it for family reasons, especially pictures

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved