Wednesday, January 20, 2016

List: Ten ways to sneak more activity into youre life.

There was a time when I was young, single, and only had to worry about me.
These were the days that I was able to rock the gym three to five days a week without upsetting others.
Unfortunately, it's impractical for me to try and go to the gym at this point in my life.
Although my wonderful husbands swears I can, I just don't see how it's possible!

Being fit doesn't have to be parallel to the gym.
The word fit can fall in line with making a conscious effort to be more active.
Using my new full length mirror as motivation, here's to being more active and getting fit!

  Ten ways to sneak more activity into your life.

1.   Walk more daily.
This is one of the easiest ways to be more active and one of the most convenient.
Whether it's making a point to walk around the mall, the block, or your office building, just do it!
I used to walk around my office building during each 15 minute break. It's time for that to come back!

   2.  Have Sunday morning dance parties.
This is a fun way to burn calories and get more activity into your week.
You can use Youtube to teach yourself a new dance and then keep on practicing!
Every Sunday morning my husband blasts the meringue and reggaeton for a family dance off! 

3.  Rock the playground and actually play.
There are way too many parents sitting on the bench at the playground. 
Get up and rock that playground with your child.  You'll have fun, make memories, and be active!
I'm 27 years old and I still love to play me a good game of tag!  Challenge me and it's ON!

4.    After work do a chore that requires movement.
I used to come home from work, cook dinner, and then vegetate on the couch.
To add more activity to my life, I do at least one chore after dinner to help burn off what I just ate.
My floors have been cleaned every night for the past two weeks.  Cleanliness and activity?  Win!

5.    Squeeze in squats throughout the day.
I'm a huge fan of squats so I make sure to squeeze in a minimum of 50 a day.
Since they require nothing other than a few minutes, I pop a few every chance that I get!
I used to promote squats every time you pee, but then I hurt my knee doing squats in heels at work...

6.  Do simple leg lifts in bed.
While watching my wind down TV show in bed, I'll bust a few leg lifts.
You're already in the position and its the perfect way to spend the commercial break!
My husband hates that I do this because it requires moving the covers off of him.  #Sacrifice

7.  Help out with the yard work.
Have you ever raked leaves, weeded, or spruced up the landscaping?  You sweat and get sore!
Luckily for those of us who want to be active AND productive, yard work is a weekly task.
I just won't do it in the cold, unless it's shoveling snow.  Nope, nope, nope. 

8.   Be the life of the party!
Whether it's a work event, a wedding, or just a night out with friends, participate and enjoy!
Challenge yourself to not sit the entire night.  Mix it up with standing convos, dancing, and walking socialization!
 Just don't keep walking to the snack table.  Try and avoid that...

9.  Give your pet some fresh air.
I don't have a pet, but if I did, I would make sure to walk them daily.
It's great for you and even better for them.  Remember, they aren't going to work or having nights out!
Not now, but one day, we will get a puppy and spoil him rotten with love, walks, and attention!

10.  Wash the car by hand.
I haven't done this in years, but I've read somewhere that you burn about 200 calories/HR doing this.
Make it a weekend activity to wash all of your cars with the family.  You're bound to have a blast!
It's time that I get my daughter and myself involved with this.   Why should my hubby have all the fun!? 

What are ten ways you sneak activity into your life?

7 comments:

  1. Activity? I want to be glued to an artificial body like Krang from NINJA TURTLES so that I don't have to walk ever again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely lots of great ideas here. dance party is right up my alley--i even try to get my dog to dance with me. he's not into it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still have lots of time at my sea so P90x is easy to do. I also chase the cat around and have played tag with the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your ideas! Also...take the stairs and not the elevator.... Park far away from the store instead of in the closest parking space.... every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned to never get a car painted white. I used to wash that thing once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these tips and reminders~!!! So very, very true that there's so many ways to fit in exercise!!! Also, the playground is basically a plyometrics gym! I used to run a loop at this park and finish at the playground to do monkey bars (arms) and pull-ups, etc. It was really hard and pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At my age, activity is getting up to make the coffee in the morning!! Lol. These are some really good ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved