Wednesday, December 2, 2015

List: Ten rules of proper company party etiquette.

This weekend is my company's holiday party.
It's going to be a great event complete with passing au'derves, a DJ, and expensive raffle prizes.
We may not get holiday bonuses, but at least we get a real hot partAY!
While I'm looking forward to the festivities, I can't help but reminisce on some past disasters.
In an attempt to help save some people a little face, here's a few corporate tips!
Not that I have any doubt that you'd all rock the party appropriately, but you never know!

Ten rules of proper company party etiquette.

1.  Dress appropriately.
Ask the person in charge or HR for the dress code and follow suit with it.
It should go without saying that NOTHING, and I repeat, NOTHING should be hanging out.

2.  Make sure you have some cash.
You may need to tip the valet guy, buy a drink, or participate in a raffle.  Either way, have it!
I was mortified a few years back when I had to borrow singles for the valet guy.  Sigh...

3.  Limit your drinks.
I like to follow the two drink rule, but for others it may be one or none.  Bottom line:  Don't get silly.
Just because it's a party, doesn't mean you should forget your company.  Keep it professional.

4.  Be social.
Management loves crew unity and team work.  Mingle and show off your social skills!
Don't be TOO social and then say that Jaclyn told you to...

5.  Refrain from dirty dancing.
If there is dancing at the party, that means dancing, not getting it on on the dance floor.
Please, for the love of all things holy, do NOT grind on your boss.!

6.  Participate in planned activities.
I've been told by my manager directly that it's a slap in the face when people refuse to participate.
I mean, it makes sense.  Imagine you cooked a meal for someone and they didn't eat it!

7.  Avoid social media.
Be conscious of the fact that not everyone wants to be plastered on social media.
If you MUST post something, at least clear it with all involved parties beforehand.  Better safe than sorry!

8.  Don't leave early for no reason.
If you have to leave early, let people know ahead of time.  It's rude to just sneak out.
Remember that you and your guest's dishes were paid for ahead of time.  Don't be that person.

9.  Plan your ride home ahead of time.
Even with a two drink maximum, your driving will be impaired.  Plan ahead.
You'll be mortified if your boss needs to call you a cab so you're not a company liability.

10.  Thank your host.
Make sure you extend your appreciation to the people who funded the party and those who planned it!
Just because corporate dishes out the cash, doesn't mean that the money didn't come out of  a local budget.

What are your company party etiquette rules?

10 comments:

  1. I once baked a cake for a party and our mayor came and ate it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous!! I want to try your cake. hehe

      Delete
    2. I made hazelnut brownies and peanut blondies, cut them into perfect square slices and rearranged them as chess board :) They mayor ate like half of it....

      Delete
    3. Oh my, that sounds amazing!!!! If you ever come to NY, Dez, we must have a baking party with lots of goodies and lots of wine. :)

      Delete
  2. My etiquette? To avoid them like the plague lol the pay me and I be social, otherwise I'll stay put at home haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had the chance to attend a party like that with coworkers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say thank you to the president of the company and the person who planned the party! A million years ago when I was married, we owned a company for several years. We often did things for the employees. All I ever heard were complaints. No matter what I did, it wasn't good enough to please the employees.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldnt' have said it better myself. Perfect tips. And yes, I definitely don't put my coworkers online unless I'm actually friends with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gratitude for sharing these wonderful 10 rules of proper company party etiquette! I just joined my company and have to attend corporate Christmas party so this post would be very helpful for me. You know I helped my boss by sharing interesting company holiday party ideas and he was very impressed!!

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved