Monday, November 30, 2015

List: Ten things I love about the holidays.

I hope that everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving filled with lots of family, friends, and food!
Shout out to my busting waist line!  Here's to getting back on track with my healthy swaps.
I've been so excited for the holidays and to finally experience my Mush grasp the concept of it all.
Despite my childish excitement, there's been so many things bringing down the mood.
The constant fear of all the evil things in the world and all of the holiday drama have been awful.
I mean, I totally get the fear of ISIS, but shut up about the red Starbucks cups already.  I like them!

In a brave attempt to bring back the holiday cheer, here's a quick reminder of how magical it all is.
Let's not let the evil in the world consume us.  Let's fight back by enjoying the moments we have.

Ten things I love about the holiday season.

1.  The world is decorated in red and gold.
Everything from the street signs to the store fronts to my living room will be red and gold.
...and that totally makes me smile ear to ear...

2.  The whole month is an excuse to indulge in hot chocolate.
There's nothing better than a glass of hot chocolate with a splash of peppermint creamer and marshmallows.
Did anyone else lick their lips at the sound of my favorite hot beverage?  Guilty!

3.  Building ginger bread houses.
I struggle to find activities to enjoy with my toddler, but this season is chock full of them!
Besides, it's a great excuse to chow down on graham crackers and candy!

4.  Decorating, decorating, decorating!
I always loved to decorate for the holidays.  I'd be the person showing up at your door to help!
I also like those quiet nights driving around to find our favorite decorated homes.

5.  Cheesy Christmas movies on Lifetime.
I don't care how bad the acting is, how unrealistic the plot is, or how cheesy they are.  I love them!
Combine #1 with #5 after a long day of #4.  What's better than that?!

6.  Practicing the art of giving.
I honestly enjoy giving gifts and seeing people's reactions way more than I do receiving.
I make a point of donating at least one gift every season.  It makes me smile to know I gave to who needed.

7.  All that extra time with family.
As you all know, I'm all about family from immediate to extended.  I love the extra time the holidays give!
I'm referring to everything from doing holiday activities together to all that extra time off work!

8.  Holiday baking and all the goodies.
My best friend and I spend at least one afternoon every season baking anything we can think of.
Not to mention, there's usually wine involved.  We'll call it "holiday wine".  hah!

9.  Attending holiday parties.
Between company holiday parties and get togethers with friends and family, it's a great time to enjoy!
I'm really looking forward to my company holiday party in two weeks.  They don't ever spare an expense!

10.  Watching my child experience the magic.
From window displays to Christmas trees to Santa Claus, everything leaves my baby wide eyed.
Sometimes I wash that we're all able to see the holidays through her eyes.

What are your favorite parts of the holiday?

10 comments:

  1. Seeing them through kids eyes again would sure be great. haha I do absolutely nothing, just go to the other sea and everything is done for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite day is Thanksgiving. I pop the champagne as soon as the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade begins and I address my Christmas cards during the parade. That has been my tradition for 30 years and I absolutely love it! For me, it's the official kick off to the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. Enjoy yourself! I enjoy NOT doing things that are expected of me because I don't want to do them. I spent Thanksgiving in bed.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see outside lights. Beautiful homemade cookies. Seeing my boys light up and get excited. And there's nothing better than giving gifts to others....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like giving presents, when I feel like I've had a good year picking them out. When I've had an off year? Hmmm...not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think anything that has food in it, has to be my favorite :)

    I wish you very happy holidays !

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 is one of my wife's favorites. She forces me to watch them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray to number 6 - trying to decide what charity to give to this holiday season

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to all~ especially the art of giving. That's like the best part of the whole thing.

    omg, I bet it's so cute to have a little one during the holidays. especially at your daughter's age!! So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved