Monday, November 23, 2015

List: Ten things I have to be grateful for.

Since I've started blogging I've avoided this typical Thanksgiving post.
I figured every blogger and their MAMA would be doing it, so it's best to avoid it.
See, I think about my readers.  I wouldn't want to bore you!
Then several things have happened recently that made me legitimately think about this. 
I've had to remind myself the past few months that despite the bad, I have lots to be thankful for.
I'll avoid the obvious answers like family, friends, and food in the fridge but know that I am!

 via

Ten things I'm grateful for.

1.  A job.
Despite a college education and truck loads of experience, way too many people are jobless.
I am thankful for having a decent paying job that I don't dread going to each day.
I'd also like to add that I'm thankful for all of the little perks my job offers that I take for granted.

2.  Ivy League Learning Academy.
Leaving my baby girl in someone else's care all day is the hardest thing ever.  They make it easy.
I am thankful for a school that nourishes my baby's brain, entertains her, and keeps her safe.
I'd also like to add that the staff there is freaking amazing.  My daughter and myself LOVE them.

3.  Rachel Ray recipes.
The last thing I want to do when I get home is cook, and that's why I love her quick and easy recipes!
I am thankful for her easy meal ideas that keep me out of a cooking funk.
I'd also like to add that they are usually pretty healthy which makes my belly extra thankful!

4.  Target Cartwheel App.
This app has saved me TONS of money, and now with Christmas coming, it's vital.
I am thankful for Target having a different toy a day at 50% off so I can play Santa for less.
I'd also like to add that they created a widget so the bar code is on my phone even without internet!

5.  Microsoft Excel
This program makes every part of my life easier from groceries, budgets, and an address brook.
I am thankful that it's stopped me from overdrawing my checking account without using a calculator.
I'd also like to add that it's been a huge help in my impossible Financial Management class!

6.  My Father owning a dry cleaners.
This has not only saved me thousands of dollars throughout my life, but he just saved my $200 pants!
I am thankful for every piece of clothing that my daddy has dry cleaned, pressed, and tailored.
I'd also like to add that The Viking's dry cleaners is shutting down and moving across the street.  Sigh!

7.  Google Calendars
This nifty little app lets me link calendars with my forgetful husband.
I am thankful for every reminder you send my husband and I so that we never miss a beat.
I'd also like to add that you've been VERY helpful in avoiding unnecessary arguments!

8.  Bright colored baby headbands.
My baby girl HATES getting her hair done in the morning.  Picking out her headband makes it fun.
I am thankful for this harmless bribe to get my daughter groomed and gorgeous.
I'd also like to add that she always picks the lime green one that matches none of her clothes.

9.  Maybelline NY Baby Lips
I'm notorious for picking at my chapped lips.  Baby Lips brand lip balm saves me from this awful habit.
I am thankful for this lip balm moisturizing my lips and giving me the perfect hint of color.
I'd also like to add the shade Grape Vine goes with everything, including my skin tone!

10.  All of you!
Being part of this community really is a highlight in my life!
I am thankful for each and everyone one of you that stops by and says hello.
I'd also like to add how fabulous all of you are!  Socializing with all of you is beyond a pleasure!

What are you currently thankful for?

8 comments:

  1. I love that card! I do believe the thankful people are the happy ones, and I am SO thankful I figured that out. I practice gratitude every day. So many people chase happiness in all sorts of ways and never seem to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everybody who has a job should be thankful! We live in such desperate times in which so many people can't even find the worst of jobs. And in my country, having a degree or experience means nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite apps to help keep my organized is Keep. I use it for all sorts of things like grocery lists, gift lists, to do lists at work, etc and so forth. Love it! And, yeah, Rachel Ray helps me too!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol yeah, #1 is something to be thankful for. The cat is still plagued by Pat 24/7 because he's jobless haha

    Always good to be thankful for the things we can though. Why is The Viking moving across the street? Cheaper?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Number 10 for sure. The blogosphere is such a sanity-saver at times

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know a lot of people do the thankful posts but they're ones I actually look forward to! I think we can all do with a little more gratitude about our lives :) And YES about Microsoft Excel, it really is an amazing program and I'm fascinated by how much it can do. I use it every single day. I'm grateful for the blogosphere too, I think it's one of the last "nice" places to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use cartwheel often, it's very good

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lime green ponytail holder made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved