Wednesday, November 4, 2015

List: Ten healthy life swaps.

As I’ve probably mentioned a bazillion times, I’m failing at my original healthy swap goals.
…and, yes, I totally have gained the few pounds that I worked so hard to lose for the wedding...
That means unhealthy insides, clothes that don't fit, and unflattering Christmas card pictures!
Between the stress of buying a house and the holiday season, my pants really just don't stand a chance.
Thank goodness for loose fitting sweaters and flattering tights that hold all that extra me in!

I’m by no means heavy, but my body is totally not where I want it to be.  Like, at all.
I'm hoping to do the impossible and get back to my wedding bod by the end of the holiday season!
That does NOT mean that I will be dieting, avoiding holiday meals, or binge exercising.
All it means is that I will make a conscious effort to be healthier.
I also plan on buying my dream bikini and hanging it on the wall as motivation.  Deff a do!

Healthy Life Swaps

1.  Eliminate ALL Junk Food
I know this one sounds obvious, but there are so many times when we I make an excuse for it.
I really need to learn to walk past the pumpkin filled with Kit Kats and Reeses without touching!

2.  Eat Breakfast A Little Later
Coffee at 8AM holds me over until my 10AM oatmeal.  That means only water until lunch! 
This is the one original healthy swap that I seemed to have mastered.

3.  Be More Active, Even At Work
Every couple of hours, take a little walk around the office to get a cup of water or go to the bathroom.
On breaks, maybe do a few laps around the building or walk through a store just to be a little active.
I'm seriously failing at this one!  I need to get up and move.  I can't even say more because I don't do it all!

4.  Only Purchase Healthy Snacks
If you don’t want to be tempted to eat a gallon of ice cream, then don’t buy it.
Instead, swap the unhealthy snacks for something a little less damaging like hummus or fruit.
People will be disappointed when they surprise visit and I don’t have any chips or candy.  Sorry!

5.  Bring Your Lunch
Going out for lunch during your work break usually means over eating mass amounts of unhealthy food.
My cooked leftovers or my homemade salad may not be as luxurious as the dollar menu, but it’s healthier.
Not to mention, swapping lunch outings for the lunch room in the office will help save money.

6.  Play, Play, and Play
Swap resting for impromptu dance parties and tickle fights with the hubby to stay extra active.
Find that last burst of energy at the end of the day to have fun, laugh, and move around.
I love to lounge on the couch, but after sitting at my desk all week, that is NOT a healthy habit.

7.  Park Far Away
Instead of parking in the spot closest to the door, park farther away and take those few extra steps.
Not to mention that this swap will help your car out since it’s less at risk for dents and dings!

8.  Green Tea
An average day for me means 3-4 cups of coffee loaded with French Vanilla Creamer.
I will swap 3 of those cups for green tea without any additions.  This will save me serious calories!
French vanilla creamer makes anything and everything taste better.  Too bad it’s so unhealthy!

9.  Take Vitamins
The ONE cup of coffee a day has been killing me.  By 11:30 I'm dragging my feet craving caffeine.
I'm going to start taking vitamins rich in Vitamin C and Zinc for energy.
This is totally a swap.  I mean you’re swapping taking vitamins for not taking vitamins.  Right??

10.  Drink Lots of Water
In between and during meals, make sure that you’re drinking plenty of water.
Swapping drinks with water will help cleanse your body, keep you hydrated, and make your skin glow.
I was doing well after  I bought a pretty water bottle.  Then I started to slack.  Cheers to starting again!

What are your healthy life swaps?

10 comments:

  1. If I didn't eat anything until 10am, I would be such a raging bitch that the authorities would be called. Dang girl, I don't know how you do that! I get up at 5:30am so I have to have breakfast at 6:30. After I workout, I need my first snack of the day at 10. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is how me does it too, Debs! I eat a few slices of wholewheat bread with tomato slices and tons of flax, sunflower and pumpkin seeds with a bit of sour cream for breaky at about 7AM and then a glass of multivitamin or magnesium at about 10am and have lunch at noon... it ain't healthy not eating anything in the morning

      Delete
  2. I always park far away. It's not so much for health but I find it easier to walk a few extra feet than to get frustrated trying to get the right spot and then backing out in a cramped parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. skipping breaky ain't healthy sister! 'tis better to eat plenty and hearty for breakfast and then have a light lunch and a snack instead of dinner... that is the most natural way for your metabolism. If you try to survive all morning just with coffee and oats you will eat like a piggy for lunch and plus your sugar levels get high, methinks....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parking far away I always do. Ticks my grandmother off hahaha just easier all around.

    And yep, drink lots of water, none of that fluoride crap either. My problem is keeping weight on haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the incentive of your wedding was to your advantage before and now that it's over, you don't have a goal! I like your choices...all good, smart things! Things that work for me....green tea before a meal really curbs your appetite....lots of water....no bad carbs...reach for lean protein and veggies first. And don't starve yourself...it just leads to weak moments and cheating.

    Between Halloween and New Years is the hardest time, too, don't you think? Geesh! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally on board with the only-healthy-snacks tip; if I don't have any junk in the house, I can't eat it! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read numerous times you need to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up. Am I wrong on this?

    P.S. I hope you stop by and join our Christmas card exchange. The post is up today but all you need to do is email me your mailing address letting me know you want to join.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes so hard to drinking tons of water and work breaks. Seriously helps so much!! I never get why being healthy is so hard when we all know what we need to do. Why is that so hard! Lol. My new office has snacks effing everywhere ... Everywhere. It's my current struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good points! I think I would get up and move around more during the day if I had a fitbit!

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved