Monday, October 19, 2015

List: Ten things that I'd like my daughter to know.

After watching a particularly upsetting Lifetime movie, I started to think about equally upsetting things.
This specific TV movie was about a woman who passed away and left behind a very young daughter.
I’m tearing up just thinking about this.  I can’t even imagine not being there to see my Mushy grow!
The daughter was very young when she passed.  The only memory she had of her mother was a picture.
This got me thinking, if something was to God forbid happen tomorrow, what would I want Mushy to know?
Sorry folks for the ridiculously depressing post.  I swear that I’ll lighten it up in a moment!

This one's for you, baby girl!

Ten things I want my daughter to know.

1.  Always keep the company of reliable people, but never rely on anyone.
Independence is key.  With it comes a sense of security and never the need to settle.

2.  Save your regrets for the things you did instead of the things you didn’t do.
Living like me and being cautious of everything makes you miss out on moments that you’ll never get back.

3.  Don’t live life counting every calorie, and once in a while, eat the damn cheeseburger.
It’s important to consider health but it’s also important to indulge.  Indulgences make life worth living.

4.  Always keep up with your appearance.
Being pampered will always keep you confident, motivated, and ready for a spontaneous night on the town!

5.  Periodically take time to re-familiarize yourself with yourself.
We change as we grow.  It’s important to know every bit of yourself inside and out at all times.

6.  Never put off a doctor’s appointment, ever.
Health determines your quality and length of life.  It’s vital to regularly monitor and maintain it.

7.  Treasure every moment you can, and forget the moments you can’t.
Life is way too short to live with grudges.  Find a way to move past things as quickly as you can.

8.  In every aspect of your life, always choose quality over quantity.
This is particularly true when it comes to companions, friendships, and shoes!

9.  Be content with what you have, but always have your eyes open.
As you grow so will your desires and needs.  Don’t keep at it just because you’re comfortable.

10.  Celebrate everything.
Every accomplishment, no matter the size, deserves a celebration.  Be proud of everything you do.

What ten things would you want your child to know?

18 comments:

  1. I have told you this before my dear, but you are wise beyond your years. This is such an amazing list. I have also taught my boys to stay humble, no matter what successes they earn in life, humbleness is a very attractive quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! That really means a lot. Humble is a great thing to remain and, what makes it even better, is that it insinuates success. :)

      Delete
  2. Yep, eat the damn cheeseburger. A few extra pounds is better than being a skeleton and miserable all the time. Great pearls of wisdom for that beautiful daughter of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. No one likes skin and bones, unless it comes to your belly. lol

      Delete
  3. Always believe in yourself.
    And your kid is the spitting image of her father :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why she's so beautiful!!! Thanks, Dez.

      Delete
  4. These are all really good ones - number one especially. Also, add "dentist" to the doctor point

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great list indeed, Independence can take one far. Not sure I care about appearance though, but I won't go looking like some of your wal-mart people lol

    Bah, no need to worry, you'll make it to 30, hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be honest.
    Keep your sense of humor.
    Surround yourself with good people.
    Learn to say no.
    Don't be guilted into doing anything.
    Be true to yourself.
    Pray first, not as a last resort.
    Be thankful.
    Worry never changed a thing.
    Work hard ~ play hard.
    Think before you speak.
    Look forward, but backward.
    Be kind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure what'd I tell my children if I had any

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jax, I love this post! I don't think it's depressing at all (and I knocked on wood for you the entire first part :), these are wonderful, wonderful tips. And I really like the spin you put on regret, well said. gosh goodness she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great things to teach your daughter, Jax. I also like the list that Betsy provided.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jax, would you mind if I used the idea for the post? I have a Godson and I really like this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it and hope you can keep doing these posts every now and then. I recently wrote about a book of similar nuggets of wisdom that affected me growing up.

    http://www.alifeexamined.com.au/2015/10/i-was-affected.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great list- and oh so true! Your daughter is lucky she'll have a record to reference as she grows up, in addition to having a stellar mom. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all really great things for the kiddo to know. I don't even like thinking about this sort of situation with mine... so traumatizing :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. The perfect list. I was feeling guilty about putting off my mammogram/obgyn appointment ONE MONTH when I read a post from a high school classmate who still hasn't been to her first mammogram. We're 45! I thought, "I've been beating myself up about a month and people don't even go until 45 or 50! I've gone every single year. I usually schedule all my medical appointments around my birthday so I realize how lucky I am to be able to GET another birthday. Not everyone gets that chance. We should never mourn turning a year older...we should celebrate getting another year in this great world...

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved