Wednesday, October 28, 2015

List: Ten free weekend activities to do at home.

The past few weekends my family and I have found ourselves huddled inside our apartment.
In an attempt to hoard some last minute cash before our home purchase, we’ve been staying in.
I do love me some time inside to sip wine and catch up on housework, but we’re officially bored.
By bored, I mean complete cabin fever, scratching at the doors, DYING to get out, boredom.
When we officially couldn’t take it anymore, we started to enjoy some inside activities.
It was nice to have fun and spend some quality time with my family for free.

Ten free weekend activities to do at home.

1.  Start, join, or manage a fantasy sports team.
This is real fun, especially when your competition is family, friends, or co-workers.
It’s amazing how a fantasy sports game can automatically make watching a game 10x more intense!

2.  Complete a 3-D puzzle.
The 3D puzzles that make something like a house are very difficult and lots of fun to do.
Make sure you clear off your dining room table and get ready for it to be occupied for a few days!

3.  Fill up the freezer with pre-made meals.
I’m famous for always having frozen tubs of sauce & meatballs, different soups, and stews within reach.
This makes your life so much easier during the week and is great for those surprise dinner guests!

4.  Family manicures and pedicures.
Fill up the tub to soak your family’s toes in water and baby oil.  Then clip, file, & cut each other’s cuticles.
My baby girl will only do her nails when she sees that mommy and daddy are doing it too!

5.  Binge-watch a whole season of a TV show.
Pick a series that you’ve been dying to see, and watch as much as you can.
We do this at night when we’re winding down to go to sleep.  Why not rock it on the weekends?

6.  Play an intense game of Monopoly.
Rock the traditional game of Monopoly, but make the game all about an intense wager.
Winner gets to pick a movie rental?  Helllooo chick flick that I NEVER get to watch with company!!

7.  Have a family dance party.
Learn how to do the Salsa, the Merengue, or any dance you like and practice as a family.
Luckily, my husband enjoys teaching us these dances, but you can always rock YouTube to learn!

8.  Complete a crossword puzzle.
It’s amazing how difficult crossword puzzles actually are and they’re real fun to do with a partner.
Cheaters that rock Google during this should have to do the dishes for an entire week!

9.  Host a pot luck dinner.
Have your family and friends come over with a different dish, beverage or dessert.
Enjoying people’s company and indulging in a gourmet meal without all the work is a great time!

10.  Make homemade candy.
It’s cheaper than buying candy at the store and way more impressive when you hand it out.
Please don’t do this on Halloween.  There’s nothing scarier than homemade candy from strangers!

What are your favorite free weekend activities to do at home?

7 comments:

  1. my fave Sunday activity is sitting in an armhchair, not moving and staring at the wall.... that is what you need after six days of all day long work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great free, family fun activities. My fave is binge watching Netflix with copious amounts of wine. Uncle Jeffy and I are addicted to Sons of Anarchy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puzzles are my favourite rainy day indoor activity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Binge watching works for me. Monopoly is fun but the damn game can take forever sometimes haha fantasy sports can be fun too, on Slamdunks once more at my shore

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only binged watched one show and that's Game of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved