Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Recipe: Rachael Ray's Super Scampi

I am always on the hunt for a new and delicious recipe.
In addition to being new and delicious, the recipe has to be real simple and REAL quick.
I mean, working women don't have time to make a 3 hour meal and then clean it up!

That's when my brother's amazing fiancé suggested a very easy shrimp scampi recipe.
She assured me that it's fast, yummy, and simple to throw together.
For a double win, the whole meal is cooked in ONE pot to ensure easy clean up!
Love, love, and LOVE!  I couldn't wait to try it!

Rachael Ray's Super Scampi Recipe
Photo and recipe taken from this link.


Ingredients

3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 Anchovies
6 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
1 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
2 Stems Oregano, Leaves stripped and finely chopped
A Generous Handful of Flat Leaf Parsley, Finely chopped
1 Cup Dry White Wine
3 Tablespoons Butter, Cut into small pieces
1 Quart Chicken Stock
2 Cups Water
2-1/2 Pounds Large Shrimp, Peeled & deveined
1 Pound Linguini
1 Lemon
1 Cup Basil Leaves, About 20, Torn
Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Crusty Bread, Torn into pieces

Directions

Heat the olive oil over medium heat.  Add anchovies, garlic, and crushed pepper to the pan and cook until the anchovies melt into oil, a couple of minutes.  Add herbs and wine and reduce for 1 minute and then melt butter into sauce.  Add stock and water to the pan and bring to a boil.  Stir in the shrimp and pasta and reduce heat to medium.  Simmer uncovered for 7 to 8 minutes until pasta is al dente and shrimp are firm.  Stir in zest and juice of 1 lemon and basil, season with salt and pepper to your taste.  Serve directly from pan with hot, crusty bread.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2008

I've made this recipe twice since my brother's fiancĂ© suggested it.
Both times I skipped the anchovies only because the idea of them skeeve me out.
I know, it makes no sense since I actually like anchovies.  But, MELTED anchovies?  No thanks!
I also added two additional tablespoons of butter each time I made it.

What does Jax think of Rachael Ray's Super Scampi recipe?
I think that it's an absolutely amazing dish that you HAVE to try!
I'm being 100% honest when I say that it tasted yummier than almost anything I made before.
On top of being delicious, it fit every one of my requirements perfectly.
It was quick (approx 30 min), easy to make, and the clean up was cake (one pot & utensils)!
Did I mention that the leftovers were just as good as the fresh meal?  Triple win!

Have you or will you try Rachael Ray's Super Scampi recipe?

15 comments:

  1. I loved watching Rachael Ray a few years ago when one of our channels here aired her show.... but her recipes truly are, most usually, unhealthy. She is lovely, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love her!! Although, I do hear that she isn't all that nice in person. A local radio station, Z100, constantly calls her out for not being the least bit humble.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL You sound just like her! hahaha

      Delete
  3. I love her recipes...looks delish! Her show, though, I cannot watch! It's all the exaggerated body language and constant hand motions that don't go with her words that bugs me....I know, I'm ocd...lol....

    shrimp scampi is one of Lauren's favorites...I'll have to serve her this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You scarred me for life with sea food, never again lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried this one but I love shrimp scampi so I'll give it a whirl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't eat sea food, but Daisy would like this

    ReplyDelete
  7. One pot recipe AND it's delicious- hello, I'm on board. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never met a shrimp scampi that I didn't love!

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved