Friday, August 21, 2015

Jax Seal of Approval: Shutterfly Wedding Albums

We got super lucky to have hired such an amazing photographer for our wedding.
Unfortunately, “amazing” comes with a hefty price tag.
Luckily for us, on top of being very talented, our photographers were also reasonable.
To help ease the financial burden, they only charged us for the labor of snapping the pictures.
At the end of the night they gave us a flash drive and the rights to all of the photographs.
That means-no edited pictures, no prints, and no fancy photo albums for my family or myself.

After the honeymoon, I settled into my favorite nook, and filtered through all of the pictures.
Once I picked my favorite 300 pictures (lol), I was really tempted to call the photographer back.
I was going to beg him to make me prints and albums even though it would cost billions.
I’m not even joking.  To have that done professionally literally cost billions.  Well, almost billions.

Instead of caving, I decided to see what magic I could create myself through Shutterfly.
For a whopping $72, I order 8x10s, 4x6s, 5x7s, and wallets for our entire family and myself.
I printed all 300 pictures plus many additional duplicates to hand out to others.
To put it into perspective, that’s about a $500 savings when ordering through a photographer.

My next venture was to Shutterfly’s search bar where I simply typed “Wedding Album”.
The first thing that came up was a gorgeous wedding album already all laid out for me.
All I had to do was add my information and fill the pages with my own pictures.
Here I was thinking this was going to be crazy hard to do, but Shutterfly made it real easy!


It’s my honor to extend the much desired Jax Seal of Approval to Shutterfly.
No, seriously!  EVERYONE wants to get the Jax Seal of Approval award.  No joke!
The wedding album was not only gorgeous, but it was much more personal.
There’s a page dedicated to a note written to our family from us.
There’s cute sayings and blurbs that I would have never thought to include in an album.
I was ecstatic to find that I had the option of ordering different sized albums for family and ourselves.
For a whopping $380, I ordered five 8x8 albums and one 12x12 album.
To put it into perspective, that’s about a $2500 savings when ordering through a photographer.


Have you or will you try Shutterfly?  What have you used it for?

10 comments:

  1. i wanna see more pics!!! thatis awesome and very smart of y'all to do that. talk about savings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Shutterfly. I order my "Church Clan" Christmas cards from them every year and they are cheap AND they will personalize with my weird sense of humor. Gotta love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we got a coupon for it when we got Daisy's maid of honor a bridesmaid dress. But we never used it. I usually get my pictures through Costco. We got a couple for her mom to show her friends at work at Walgreens and not only were they more than Costco but looked like garbage in comparison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shutterfly does do a great job indeed and savings billions "rolls eyes" is always nice lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. it will bring you lovely memories in years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made my parents and in-laws our wedding album on shutter fly and loved it!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your... favorite 300 pictures? Haha that's so funny. I made my own wedding album too. All you need is a bit of creativity and less (did I mention the word less?) than a truckload of cash. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really is crazy how expensive photographers are, especially for weddings. Glad it all worked out for you though!

    Breakfast at Gracey's

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved