Wednesday, June 3, 2015

List: Ten necessities to throw a fabulous bridal shower.

Last week, my cousin managed to really surprise me with a gorgeous bridal shower.
I think she was successful with the “surprise” aspect because she kept my man in the dark.  Hah!
There was delicious food, a yummy cake, beautiful favors, fun games, and an amazing crowd.
Not to mention, they made a punch to kill with rum, orange sherbet, and pineapple juice.
Although I didn’t want a shower, they kept it low key and classy.  It really was a great time.

Please excuse my inappropriate outfit.  That's how you know I really was surprised!

I may not have thrown the shower for myself, but I took some serious notes!
Besides, my cousin helped me make sure that I didn’t leave anything out of this list.

Ten necessities to throw a low key, low budget, and HIGHLY fabulous bridal shower.

1.  A Place to Host
To keep the party low key and low budget, host at home or rent a cheap club house/hall.
Madre volunteered her home to host which made it so easy to get me there and keep the surprise!

2.  A Reasonable Guest List
Keep the crowd small.  Limit the list to close family, best friends, and the bridal party.
It was nice to enjoy with an intimate group of just girls.  It kept the atmosphere relaxed and fun!

3.  Recruit Help
The maid of honor shouldn’t have to burden all the responsibility.  Act as a team and lean on others!
My bridal party and close family all pitched in.  My aunt got the cake, my friend got the desserts, etc.

4.  Yummy Food
Whether it’s grandma’s famous eggplant parmesan or finger sandwiches, make it yummy!
My cousin catered from the same hall I’m having the wedding.  Talk about a mass tasting… hehe

5.  A Signature Drink
This could be something unique like chocolate martinis or something simple like bottles of wine.
My cousin made a HUGE bowl of punch with rum, pineapple juice, orange sherbet, and fresh fruit.

6.  Classy Decorations
Decorations should only accent the party.  Themed balloons, paper goods, and one focus piece is perfect.
A family heirloom was my cousin’s focus piece.  A gorgeous, hand-made, lace umbrella displayed open.

7.  Simple and Fun Games
The games could be themed or just a giant game of Pictionary.  Keep it simple yet real fun!
My cousin went the themed route and bought super cute prizes that she beautifully displayed.

8.  A Deliciously Themed Cake
The cake does not have to be comparable to cake boss.  It just has to be yummy and simple yet pretty.
My aunt got a pink and gold (wedding colors) cake with canoli filling.  It was so good!

9.  Desserts
There should be a couple other dessert options in addition to the cake.  Keep them simple and delicious!
My brother’s fiancé made a gorgeous fruit salad in a carved watermelon and to die for brownies.

10.  Invest in Memorable Favors
Whether it be tea light candles or chocolate lollipops, make them pretty enough to count as decoration.
My cousin got these gorgeous glass swans and filled them with baby powder scented bath salts.  Love it!

What are your low key bridal shower tips?

30 comments:

  1. Pulled one over on you, that isn't the easiest thing to do, bravo to her. Awesome that a fun time was had by all and a list too, not sure I have any tips on that though lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't! Hats off to them. Although, what they had to do to surprise me was a little much. hahahaha

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad penis cakes, penis party favors, and penis themed showers are no longer in vogue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad they were able to surprise you - that's awesome. Glad you had fun! That cake = awesome!

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elsie!! Yes, they did a great job all around. :)

      Delete
  4. that is so sweet! i love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos and looks like it was a beautiful shower!! I actually had the best time at mine as well and my cake was my favorite part!!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was very nice. I'm glad she didn't listen to me and threw one anyone. She did it perfectly low key. haha

      Delete
  6. O, what a beautiful shower...and all the more fun because they were able to surprise you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they REALLY did get me good. I'm still bothered by that... haha

      Delete
  7. SOOOOO fun! That's sweet that it was a surprise party! And goodness does your mushy ever look just like you! I felt really special on my Bridal Shower day, I'm glad you felt the same! Getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that some people recognize that Mushy and I have similiarities. hahaha Everyone always says that she looks like my man. :)

      Delete
  8. Daisy didn't get a bridal shower. Most of her family (women around her age to be exact) live rather far away so it ended up not happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's ok! It's nice to have, but I'm sure you had a lovely enough wedding to make up for it. :)

      Delete
  9. such delight! Hope someone throws a shower to the groom too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're working on it. Maybe some fancy bowling/bar place? I'm sure that they will take care of him.

      Delete
  10. That's a lovely shower. I wish I had a piece of the cake. I don't think I've ever been to a low-key shower. People always overdo it.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janie! I feel like low-key is always nicer than over the top.

      Delete
  11. My low key tip is to not let the paparazzi know about the little party... once they find out it will be on the cover of every magazine and website on the internets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you the one that leaked the information to the paparazzi??? I mean, I couldn't even get out of the house without blinding flashes of light!

      Delete
  12. Looks like a very fun time...and how fun that it was a surprise! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for bridal showers! You're a lucky lady. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Out of my area of expertise, but I say any event with good food and desserts will be a big hit, no matter the crowd!

    Enjoy your weekend, Jax.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved