Monday, June 1, 2015

Bloghop: Question of the Month

The very entertaining and talented Mike from A Life Examined has graciously decided to host a party.
Well, it might not be a party exactly, but it’s at least considered a gathering!
He has initiated a bloghop called Question of the Month and I’m honored to a part of it.
It was open to the world, but Jax can pretend that it’s an exclusive “gathering”, right? RIGHT?!


If your house caught on fire, what’s the one thing you’d grab before running out?

I thought it would be way more fun if I made a list answering the question instead.
By “fun”, I totally mean that it would be way more “Jax” to make a list out of a simple question!
As the list counts down, each item is more of a priority until we hit the one thing I’d grab.
Let’s make this a game and see if you can guess what it would be!  How well do YOU know Jax?

10.  Pictures
Some photo albums are priceless and I would definitely like to preserve.
Although, nowadays, most pictures are saved electronically or duplicated amongst family.

9.  Jewelry
I have some jewelry that’s not only physically valuable, but highly sentimental.
Then again, I can’t really picture myself running away with that large wooden jewelry box.

8.  Important Documents
Things like a birth certificate, social security cards, baptism certificates, etc are important.
This is a prime example of why I really need to invest in a fire proof safe!

7.  Baby Bottle
Moms never, EVER leave the house without a baby bottle “just in case” they need it.
Besides, what else could I bring with me to distract Mushy from the terror in front of her?

6.  Wedding Rings
Our wedding rings are currently hidden somewhere within our apartment.  They deserve a grab.
Your wedding rings going down in flames prior to the wedding has to be a seriously BAD omen.

5.  Vanity
My vanity has been passed down for several generations.  I’d need help, but I’d love to save it.
It’s a crazy feeling doing your make up on the same furniture that your great-great grandmother did!

4.  Pocket Book
This has SO many important things in it that I can’t even list them all.
Not to mention that I’m currently rocking a Dooney & Bourke bag that I fell in love with!

3.  Glasses
I only wear glasses when I’m in bed watching TV, but for this emergency, I’d make an exception.
I mean, they are a gorgeous pair of Prada glasses that cost a few weeks pay! 

2.  Kyle the Fish
I know that it’s just a fish, but he’s family now and totally our responsibility to keep safe.
Besides, imagine telling Mushy the story of how her first pet died.  Traumatizing much?  I think so!

1.  Phone
To be honest, if my house is on fire, I’m not grabbing a damn thing and running right out the door.
If anything, I’d grab my phone if it was nearby to call the fire department and family/friends for help.
What crazy thing did you expect me to put as #1?  My anxiety would only allow me to think “RUN”!


If your house caught on fire what one thing would YOU grab?

24 comments:

  1. money and clothes! And possibly my computer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Money is a definite yes!! Luckily, I don't really keep cash on me...:)

      Delete
  2. haha had to make a list out of a question, saw that coming lol

    Been there, done that with the whole fire thing, grabbed the cat and away I went. Luckily the fire department stopped it in time and my apt was left unscathed, besides smoke and such

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL of course you saw it coming. I mean, what else would I do with the question?? hahahaha

      Delete
  3. I loved #7 Baby Bottle. If you guys wore your weddings rings, you wouldn't have to grab them. ;)

    A phone would be a damn smart thing to grab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol A momma's always got to have a bottle. Always... haha

      Delete
  4. As for #8, you and me both! I really need to get a fire-proof box for all that junk. :(
    I had a feeling you'd do this as a list ;P oh! I noticed someone commenting saying they'd grab clothes... what?! Story time: there once was this lady who's house burned down and she ran back in for some clothes. It fell on top of her because vanity, really? She had clothes on! The end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fire-proof box is one of the next large purchases I will make. Maybe it would make a nice Christmas present... lol nahhhh

      Delete
    2. Pft. My Christmas present this year is either a new gaming laptop or a new tattoo. We'll just get a fire-proof box. Eventually.

      Delete
  5. That's a logical countdown list. With the phone you could call for help if no one else was around to do that for you.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I always try to be logical. Well, sometimes at least.. haha

      Delete
  6. Great list, but ultimately your very honest #1 answer rocks! Who knows what goes through our heads at a time like that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally thought your answer would be Mushy :P I didn't think your phone would be that high, looks like I have more to learn about Jax :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You need a lot of hands to grab all that stuff. I'm not very sentimental.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww, Jax, my little cutie pie friend....I would do the very same...not stopping to pick ANYthing up...just getting the hell out of Dodge.
    Hahhaa...cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the list! Hopefully I would have grabbed each of my boys and my dog, then my phone of course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would totally grab pictures too!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course, we just need to get out, and alert any other people in the burning building. You'd miss your treasures, for sure. I'd leave the door open for the cat to escape.
    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
  13. good call on the documents!! after finishing up my name change, I can't imagine going back to all those places again, lol.

    Minus living, breathing things- always photos for me. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My wallet, cats and wife. Not necessarily in that order.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved