Friday, May 15, 2015

Life: Kyle the Fish

Those of you who have been following R&W for a while will remember this story.
It's basically a tale of how baby Jax's OCD indirectly became the cause of my first pet fish's death.
That being said, you can now imagine the horror I felt when Mushy's birthday wish was a pet fish.

Not being one to disappoint my baby girl, I promised her that pet fish.
The Viking went out and bought her a 1.5 gallon fish bowl, lime green gravel, and a decoration.
Of course the decoration was a Spongebob and Patrick figurine.  Two of her favorites!

The next weekend, we all took a trip to Petco as a family.
There my Mushy pointed to every single fish while yelling "THAT ONE".
A lady asked us if we needed help.  I quickly accepted and told her my history.
After a giggle, she pointed me in the direction of the $3 Fighting Beta fish
...and of course she give me a verbal, bullet pointed list of fish care tips...

"**The water must be kept out over night to ensure it's room temperature.
**You must purchase water conditioner to make sure it's suitable living conditions.
**Do not overfeed your pet.  They get 3 pellets a day and no more.
**Change the water and rinse the gravel/decorations weekly.
**These fish like heat, so keep it away from an AC or an open window."
Sounds simple enough, right?  Wrong!


After we picked out a gorgeous fish with red and green streaks, we purchased the necessary supplies.
Of course Mushy fell in love with the $20 Dragon Beta...which means we won't stray from those fish tips!
We were careful not to shake the container all the way home.
We were extremely careful and meticulous when setting up the fish's new home.
Then, while transporting the fish to the bowl, my man dropped the poor baby right onto the table.
Yes, Kyle lived, but he wouldn't eat for 3 days!  He still won't eat if my man's in the room.  True story!
That's when I realized the lady in Petco forgot one major tip...

**Buy a small net so you don't drop your pet fish.
Look at me giving fish advice.  I call that graduating!

What are your pet fish tips?

18 comments:

  1. well, who isn't scared from Vikings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Dez!! The Viking can be a little scary sometimes.

      Delete
  2. I have a true fish phobia after seeing a fish jump out of a lake and bite my brother in law on his nipple. True story!!!! LAWD, I could never have one as a pet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep!!!! That's a story that only might happen to you. Haha

      Delete
  3. lol no fish would last long here, be kitty chow. So my only tip is keep it away from my sea and cats lol

    a fish that holds a grudge, who knew haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!!!! Yessss.. he hates him. Poor fish is scarred for life. Hahahaha

      Delete
  4. lol, oh no! Well you learned something in the process. I'm glad the little guy survived! I had a betta fish in college for a long time and his pretty colors on my dresser always brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? His colors are gorgeous.

      Delete
  5. The fish won't eat if your man's in the room? Sounds like he is suffering from some kind of fish version of post traumatic stress disorder. I wonder if there is a such thing as a fish psychologist to help Kyle through this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look into getting kyle the best Dr around!

      Delete
  6. I had a betta fish, I never dropped here. I actually used a cup to transport her around. I'd wait for her to swim to the top and the cup creates a natural vaccum to trap it in so I could clean her tank. She lived for about two years. My mother had the bright idea to pet her on the head, and she FREAKED OUT. She kept at the bottom of the tank for as long as I could see her.

    The next morning I looked in the tank and she was dead inside her log.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg!!!! That's a terrible ending the the story. Maybe you should get your new wife one as a wedding gift. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm actually more surprised that the fish recognised The Viking next time he walked in :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. WB Jax! I mean it looks like you have been back awhile and I have been the one delinquent. Your daughter is growing so fast... I looked through your old posts and saw you have a recipe for pizza rustica. Now you are talking!

    I hope things are well for you and the family. And I have to confess to losing all 3 of my fantasy football leagues this past season. You need to bring yours back...

    ReplyDelete
  9. but...but....those little fish are SLICK...and I dropped one once...and it lived, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. (I can't seem to get finished here)
    meant to tell you I had to add your comment to my post on the dogs.....:)

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved