Friday, May 1, 2015

Beauty: How to get gorgeous skin.

A really, really long time ago, I posted this article listing my New Year’s vows.
I know.  That was so long ago that you thought I forgot about it.  Well, I didn’t!

One of my vows was to moisturize more often.
It’s important to moisturize because it gives you vibrant, healthy, and soft skin.
Pet Peeve:  I hate having overly moist skin that feels almost greasy.  Bleh, gag, barf!

I tried everything to fulfill this vow.
The decent moisturizers were very expensive or left behind some sort of nasty residue.
The spray on moisturizers get everywhere, don’t soak well into the skin, and stain your clothes.
Moisturizing soaps give me itchy skin rashes that I really would prefer to avoid.
Jax got upset thinking she was doomed to have horrible skin now and as she ages.

About two months back, while browsing through a magazine, I found a solution!
Catherine Zeta Jones was asked during an interview for her beauty secrets.
To sum it up, she covers herself in body oil from head to toe and then lets her skin absorb it.
While I’d love to run around oiled up and naked, I’m not sure Mushy would like that…

Ever since that day, after washing my body with sensitive skin soap, I oil up!
I use a generous amount of baby oil and rub it into my skin while standing in the shower.
Afterwards, I rinse off the excess baby oil and then wrap (not rub) the towel around me.
Another article suggested that people air dry instead of irritating their skin using a towel.

Ladies and gentleman, two months later and I have to say it really works.
My skin has never looked or felt this good in my entire life.
Not to mention, baby oil is budget friendly and such a common item!
I never skip a day and I hope that my skin thanks me for it in the years to come.
…and Jax thought she was doomed…

What are your beauty secrets for your skin?

24 comments:

  1. haha oiling up from head to toe and running about naked as can be, careful you don't slip at your sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? you just do it after the shower? That's no fun lol

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha Pat...you made me crack up with that one. Poor Mushy would be scared for life. She'd probably never be able to cook with olive oil because of the memories of her childhood. Hahaha

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great solution for dry skin....and if it would make me look like Catherine Zeta Jones, I would drink it....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yes, I totally agree. :) ill get the shot glasses ready because I wouldn't want to sip it.

      Delete
  3. that's a good idea, I would have to do it before bed tho bc I think oil under foundation would make for lots of shine, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You don't want to glisten all day?? Haha

      Delete
  4. I just got Kiehls midnight treatment I believe it's called and at first I thought it was so oily! I'm glad I read this because that makes sense and I'm glad you're getting great results...I hope I do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh? You must give us a full review in a few weeks!!

      Delete
  5. I follow Catho Zeta at Facebook. her profile there is very tranquil and calming, very lovely... she speaks of gardening and such things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I am about to go follow her. I always found her to be absolutely beautiful.

      Delete
  6. I do this! Yes, in the shower after you wash...then take a hot rinse to get off the extra and your skin feels amazing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. coconut oil works great, too...but baby oil is the least expensive way.

      Delete
    2. Really? Does that mean you read the Catherine Zeta Jones interview also? Hehe

      I love coconut oil and I put it in my hair daily. But you are right, it is expensive. I'll keep the baby oil for my legs until my next raise. :)

      Delete
    3. I put coconut oil on the ends of my hair! Great minds....

      Delete
  7. You know the ancient Romans used oils to clean up because they didn't have soap. The Arabs are the ones who came up with soap... I think. At least that is my understanding. Ahh well, I would never be dedicated enough to oil up from head to toe. Besides Katherine Zeta Jones probably has servants, slaves, and oompa loompas that oil her up while she just lies there or something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm one of those that don't like oiling up too much either, but hey, if it works....:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. i use neutrogena dry oil and it's not too bad. i love it!

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved