Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Recipe: Modified Chicken Bruschetta

Madre recently made a mass purchase of chicken breasts and passed them along to me.
She must have gotten a REAL good sale because she does not even like chicken breasts!
Eager to clear some room out of my freezer, I decided to experiment.
I remembered Brother made us a chicken bruschetta recipe that we all really enjoyed.
I decided to make a hot version of his summer recipe and was pleasantly surprised with the results!
Next time I will make sure company is over so I can show off the yummy masterpiece!


(3) Lbs Chicken Breast (Cleaned)
(1/2) Cup Flour
(1) Egg
(1) Large Onion (Diced)
(1/2) Cup Olive Oil
(1) 16oz Can Chicken Broth
(1/3) Cup White Wine
(1) 24oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
(5) Fresh Basil Leaves
(1) Tbsp Garlic Powder
(1) Tsp Onion Powder
(1) Tbsp Oregano
Salt & Pepper
(4) Tbsp Butter

Dip each breast into the scramble egg and fully coat each one with flour.  Heat up half the olive oil in a non-stick pan.  Brown the chicken.  Let drain on paper towels and sit on the side.
Be careful not to put the flame too high because you don't want the flour to burn!

In a large pan, heat up the remaining olive oil.  Add the onions and cook until they are translucent.  Add the fresh basil and all the other seasonings.  Stir and let cook for an additional minute.  Add the broth and the wine.  Drain the tomatoes and add to the pan.  Bring to a boil and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Right now blow out all your candles because the aroma that comes off this sauce is unreal!

Line a large baking dish with tin foil.  Melt the butter.  Coat the bottom of the lined pan with the melted butter.  Line the chicken across the bottom of the pan.  With a slotted spoon, scoop out the tomatoes and onions.  Place directly on top of the chicken.  Pour the liquid sauce over the chicken so that it pools around the meat.  Cover with tin foil.  Bake for 30-40 mins at 375*.
I make a border around the pan with cooked broccoli.  That makes for a healthy and yummy side!

Have you or will you make Bruschetta Chicken?

25 comments:

  1. Will Not since me is a vegetarian :) PS you have onion powder? How wonderfully practical that sounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have onion powder by you?? It's amazing!!! I put that on almost everything. Soo yum.

      Delete
  2. This sounds delish! I'm always looking for new, yummy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh its so good. Sneak in the broccoli and make some white rice. Perfection!

      Delete
  3. Well now you've really confused me, because I thought bruschetta was a vegetarian starter consisting of grilled bread, garlic and tomatoes. Your recipe does sound good, though. You could also trying coating fresh cod loin with that sauce and letting the fish steam in a wok. No further heat required!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds delicious. I'm definitely trying that!

      Delete
  4. Wow, you put my slapping a chicken breast on George Foreman and cooking it up to shame lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really believe this is gluten free and definitely something you can eat. :)

      Delete
    2. With my body, won't be tempted though. Sticking to my same old same old at my show

      Delete
  5. Mmmmmm, my Nana used to make this for me all the time. LOVE- my Mom makes it a lot too.
    Great, great choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's SO yummy. I'm super jealous that your Nana and mom make this for you. :)

      Delete
  6. I've been on a chicken rut lately when it comes to cooking. This sounds like a good one to make for the family. Thanks for sharing, Jax:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it really is delicious! Perfect to get out of your rut. :)

      Delete
  7. Yum...this sounds delicious! I can almost smell it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds delicious. I would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never made it but I ate it where I used to work. I completely forgot it was a thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably even better homemade. :)

      Delete
  10. Yum- this sounds good; would totally give it a go!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Let me know how you like it!

      Delete
  11. I've never tried it...I am so not a chicken lover..I like it grilled outside and some fried....not much tho. My hubby would probably love this so I'll make it for him sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved