A few of my closest co-workers are single girls.
I spend the majority of my lunch breaks listening to their stories about their dating life.
Sometimes I find myself offering them words of encouragement. Other times we’re left laughing.
I prefer to hear the fun stories that usually end in an unexpected dating twist!
While I love my man, I’m constantly finding myself trying to prove to them that being single is a good thing!
There are definitely certain benefits to being in a relationship, but there are benefits to being single also.
Besides, I’m a firm believer that we are all attracted to the things we don’t have!
The benefits of being single.
1. You need that extra time for yourself.
That’s correct!! You don’t want that time, you need it to do anything other than cater to them.
2. You aren’t obligated to share your pint of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.
This is a huge plus, especially why it’s a pint of double fudge brownie! Yum!
3. You only have to clean up after your own mess.
I don’t care how much you love somebody, cleaning up after anybody is frustrating.
4. You can do anything you want without being questioned.
Nobody wants to come home from a long night out only to answer a BA-JILLION questions!
5. You won’t have to worry about questioning somebody else.
Being single means more free brain space!
6. You will have less distractions.
It’s easier to show up to class or to rock the gym when there's nothing else tempting you otherwise.
7. You watch what you want to watch.
Hello New Girl marathon without any complaints from nobody for hogging the remote!
8. You have the bed to yourself.
That means you could sleep horizontal with your legs and arms spread out if you really wanted to!
9. You can have fun while exploring your true self.
Enjoy fun adventures and take leaps of faith! They’ll help you figure out what you want in life.
10. The opportunities you have are endless.
Your life is almost a complete blank canvas for you to paint and create however you like.
What do you like or miss about being single?