Monday, March 23, 2015

List: Ten birthday ideas for a two year old.

Ladies and gentleman, I am going to try to say this without crying.
In almost a month, on April 25 to be exact, my little Mushy will be TWO years old.
I knew I couldn’t say it without at least sniffling.  **Wipes tear from face.**

Typically, a first birthday party is an over the top bash surrounded with everyone you know.
A third birthday party could be something fun surrounded with cousins and friends the same age.
That's all true but, it doesn’t matter because she will be turning the birthday-party-awkward age of two.
…and by birthday-party-awkward I mean that most ideas are either for people too old or too young…

After thinking long and hard, I finally decided on an event that is age appropriate and super cute.
This is the part where you all can guess what I booked!  The answer is number 10 on the list!

Birthday Party Ideas for a Two Year Old

1.  Birthday Cake and Party Games
This simple and relatively inexpensive event is fun for all.  Unfortunately, my apartment is too tiny.

2.  Ice Cream Sundae Party
Both adults and kids love ice cream.  Unfortunately, the parlor I wanted to book went out of business.

3.  Pizza Party
Pizza is perfect for any age.  Unfortunately, renting a space in a pizzeria is surprisingly expensive.

4.  Petting Zoo Party
Everybody can have fun at a petting zoo.  Unfortunately, April is too early for them to open.

5.  Chuck’ee Cheese
This one is easy and surprisingly fun for adults too!  Unfortunately, she doesn’t know many young kids.

6.  Children’s Museum
This would’ve been great to educate the kids and their parents!  Unfortunately, it’s way out of budget.

7.  Adventure Land
Theme parks are fun for all especially when they have kiddy rides.  Unfortunately, April is still chilly.

8.  Pony Party
This could have been cute to ride horses and eat on a ranch.  Unfortunately, Mushy’s petrified of horses.

9.  Plaster Fun Craft
Painting plaster objects is great.  Unfortunately, only adults with children are permitted to join in the fun.

10.  IHop Pancake Party
IHop has a private room for everyone to enjoy brunch and birthday cake.  Mushy loves her some pancakes!

How would you celebrate a second birthday party?

15 comments:

  1. are the two year olds even aware that it is a party?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At 2 I think they do. My mushy can sing happy birthday AND blow out the candles. Lol

      Delete
    2. I remember my 2nd birthday party. I knew what was going on.

      Delete
  2. One year old's a party is for the parents if anything, easy way to get stuff for the baby haha two something simple is all you need and pancakes work indeed. You have a shrimpy apartment? Thought you were in a house? You move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol oh no!!! The one year old birthday is so not for us. She got so much stuff that its taken over every room in the apartment!! Hahahaha if i could do it again, when people asked what she wanted for her birthday, I would say diapers. Lmao

      Yes, we had to move. We couldn't afford the oil bill anymore. It hit $800 one month!!! Now we are in a 2 bedroom apt with heat included. :)

      Delete
    2. I'll keep the diaper thing in mind should it happen one day. Blah $800 a month is nuts

      Delete
    3. haha asking for diapers is hilarious

      Delete
    4. I think it's a great idea!!! I mean, how many toys can one child use?! Lol

      Delete
  3. aw!!! Little lady! That's so cute. In my experience with children, 2-3 are incredibly fun years- they're so interactive! So that's exciting. I think all your ideas are great!!! Seriously, they all sound so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! I mean, I miss my little baby to smoosh and kiss...but she's so fun now. Everything she says is adorable. ..but now she also tells me no. That's not so fun. Haha

      Delete
  4. These are all such great ideas! I honestly think that my sister for all three kids didn't have a birthday party at an establishment until they were like 4 or 5...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a house that was big enough to just have a cake. I wouldn't then either. Lol

      Delete
  5. cannot believe she;s almost 2!!! in my experience, i say keep it casual since the 1st was such a big deal and enjoy the low-key before she really gets into them

    ReplyDelete
  6. They grow up so fast, right?
    And pizza parties are my jam- both as a kid and now as an adult. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved