Friday, February 27, 2015

Wedding: 5 Month Marker


My sincerest apologies, folks, for skipping right over the sixth month marker.
For the love of God, put the tissue down!!  It isn't that serious!!
Truth be told, I really didn't do anything during that sixth month.
I was going through some career havoc and was way too preoccupied to plan a wedding.
I turned down the new job to accept a better offer from my current job and got disowned by a relative.
...and, now, back to the wedding...


1.  Wedding Wire
Ladies and gentleman, I signed up for Wedding Wire.
This application/website is almost as good as a real life wedding planner!
This tool not only keeps you organized, but it helps you budget and record payments.
It also has a vendor look up tool that you can filter to your area with real life reviews.
There is also an area on the website filled with pretty pictures dedicated to inspire you!
Out of everything I did this month, this was by far the biggest accomplishment.

2. Finalized Guest List
The catering hall holds a maximum of 132 people.  I'm inviting 141.
It was really difficult to pick and choose who I wanted to spend my big day with.
Due to limited space, I had to make a big girl decision that second cousin invites is just too much!
Here's to hoping a few people can't make it! Stress much?

3.  Gathered Addresses
I annoyed everyone and their mother until I got the last address that I needed!
Now I just have to put it in the correct format and pass it along to the calligrapher.

4.  Invitations Are In!
After all that tedious work, the invitations have finally arrived.
They are absolutely gorgeous!!  They were totally worth all that eye twitching!!
I have pictures, but I'm not sure if proper wedding etiquette allows me to post them.

5.  Booked the Dj
We made the final decision to book the friend from my job.
He may not M.C. to the extent of dancing with my relatives, but he does make announcements.
We did decide to rent lighting in addition to what he already has just for a little extra pizzazz!
This was totally worth the savings!  He's saving us almost $1000!

6.  Booked the Photographer.
Let me start by saying I had no idea how ridiculously expensive photography was!
Minimum wedding packages range from $2,500-$3,000.
Those numbers made me sick, so I contacted the catering hall and they got me a great deal!
I hired the perfect photographer for a full 8HRs of coverage and unlimited pictures.
I will not be getting any prints or albums, but I do get a flash drive full of all the high quality pics.
Score, score, and score!  You have to be a millionaire to get married in NY...

7.  Booked the Videographer.
This is the same situation as the photographer.
The catering hall referred me to their preferred vendor and we met at my nook in Starbucks.
He was the sweetest guy ever and was completely compassionate about my budget issues!
He is going to make me (2) DVD copies of my big day including the church and the reception.
Since he's filming the church for free, my mom will feed him while he waits for the reception.

8.  Made Appointments with Flower Vendors.
I hope to meet to meet a florist I love and book it next month!
Here's to meeting the florist of my dreams that doesn't cost millions of dollars.

9.  Contacted Cake Vendors
The catering hall also recommended a cake vendor that I hope to meet with soon.
I already sent them a picture of my dream cake and am waiting for them to get back to me!
Oh, how I can't wait to taste all the yummy cakes!

10.  Picked The Readers
I may not know what the readings are as of yet, but I do know who'll be reading them!
I asked two of my younger cousins to do the readings and they graciously accepted.
Now, if only I could find a contact in the church that I'm not afraid to ask a million questions!

What are you wedding planning tips for the 5-month marker?

18 comments:

  1. give us the photo of your dream cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to post it!! It's gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a plan! Yes, I want to see the dream cake, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn look at you go, got some things well and sewn up. 141 people? Damn, I don't even know 141 people lmao if you count pets I may reach 20.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried really hard to make some progress. I still got a long way to go, though. It's almost depressing the amount of time and money it takes to plan this one day. haha

      Delete
  4. Congratulations. I have been gone so long I missed the BIG news. Weddings can be so overwhelming and overwhelmingly expensive. Sounds like you have a great plan in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, but we're glad you're back. :)

      Delete
  5. that's a lot for a photographer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm assuming that you'll have a list of your top ten favorite wedding moments after the big day? Complete with pictures or you're in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds like a post RIGHT up my ally. Great idea. ;) haha

      Delete

  7. Dearest Jax...you are so wise and funny and cute as a button. Hopefully, this wedding won't break the bank because you are working hard to bring down the costs.
    Good for you!
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel your pain with the guest list, it's so hard! Hopefully people understand the logistics of it. I know that after I've now had a wedding, I certainly will have a better idea moving forward!

    Yay about the videographer! And yes, photographers are so effing expensive, it's insane. I think that's a great deal with the photos! Just make sure you back them up the second you get them on the drive. :)

    Soooo excitttinggggg.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo cake! Let me know what kind you end up going with

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved