Monday, February 16, 2015

List: Healthier Life Swaps

As I’ve probably mentioned a bazillion times, I’m getting married in July.
…and, no, I really haven’t done all that much more planning since my last update
That means in a whopping SIX months, I’ll be wearing a wedding dress and then a bikini.
As if planning a wedding isn’t enough stress, let’s plan to rock a bikini the day after I say “I do”.
I'm dreading the attire, but I can’t wait for the hot sun and alone time with my hubby on the beach!

I’m by no means heavy, but my body is totally not ready for full exposure in a bikini.
These up and coming six months should be plenty of time to get myself to where I’m comfortable.
That does NOT mean that I will be dieting or start binge exercising.
All it means is that I will make a conscious effort to be healthier.
I also plan on buying my dream bikini first and hanging it on the wall as motivation.  Deff a do!

Healthy Life Swaps

1.  Eliminate ALL Junk Food
I know this one sounds obvious, but there are so many times when we I make an excuse for it.
I mean, how easy is it to stick frozen waffle fries in the oven as a side dish for dinner?  Guilty!

2.  Eat Breakfast A Little Later
I start work and eat breakfast by 8AM.  By 11AM I’m hungry again and eat a second breakfast.
I'll grab a banana before I leave, coffee at 8AM, breakfast by 9:30AM, and nothing until lunch at 1PM.
…and by breakfast I mean a cup of Quaker oatmeal with a drizzle of syrup, NOT an egg & cheese sandwich…

3.  Be More Active, Even At Work
Every couple of hours, take a little walk around the office to get a cup of water or go to the bathroom.
On breaks, maybe do a few laps around the building or walk through a store just to be a little active.
I’m the queen of sitting on my butt all day at my desk.  That’s certainly in need of a healthier swap..

4.  Only Purchase Healthy Snacks
If you don’t want to be tempted to eat a gallon of ice cream, then don’t buy it.
Instead, swap the unhealthy snacks for something a little less damaging like hummus or fruit.
People will be disappointed when they surprise visit and I don’t have any chips or candy.  Sorry!

5.  Bring Your Lunch
Going out for lunch during your work break usually means over eating mass amounts of unhealthy food.
My cooked leftovers or my homemade salad may not be as luxurious as the dollar menu, but it’s healthier.
Not to mention, swapping lunch outings for the lunch room in the office will help save money.

6.  Play, Play, and Play
Swap resting for impromptu dance parties and tickle fights with the hubby to stay extra active.
Find that last burst of energy at the end of the day to have fun, laugh, and move around.
I love to lounge on the couch, but after sitting at my desk all week, that is NOT a healthy habit.

7.  Park Far Away
Instead of parking in the spot closest to the door, park farther away and take those few extra steps.
Not to mention that this swap will help your car out since it’s less at risk for dents and dings!

8.  Green Tea
An average day for me means 3-4 cups of coffee loaded with French Vanilla Creamer.
I will swap 2 of those cups for green tea without any additions.  This will save me serious calories!
French vanilla creamer makes anything and everything taste better.  Too bad it’s so unhealthy!

9.  Do Squats
There are so many times when I could squeeze in a few squats, and just don’t because I’m lazy.
Before using the ladies room, while doing your hair, or even while cooking you can do 10 squats!
This is totally a swap.  I mean you’re swapping doing squats for not doing squats.  Right??

10.  Drink Lots of Water
In between and during meals, make sure that you’re drinking plenty of water.
Swapping drinks with water will help cleanse your body, keep you hydrated, and make your skin glow.
I REALLY don’t like water.  I’ll swap my glass for a thermos with a straw to help it go down easier.


What are your healthy life swaps?

28 comments:

  1. Well I got most of those down already, except I chase the cats around for extra exercise at the end of the day lol Drink 3L of water a day here, never touch junk food for 2 and a half years now, always park far away and do p90x every day, haven't missed a workout day in a year. So if I want to flop on the couch, fine by me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! What about the green tea? Still sipping on green tea and garlic??

      Delete
    2. no green tea and garlic anymore, I just eat the raw garlic every once in a while. Stick it in and chew lmao

      Delete
    3. You chew on straight garlic??? Bleh gag barf!

      Delete
  2. All of these are super great ideas! The water really works...I lost 12 lbs last year and the only changes I made were water, green tea and lifting weights.

    Had to laugh at the squats before using the ladies room...I think they would be easier to do AFTER using the ladies room! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha Well, I figured that BEFORE you pee, you're already in that "hovering" position. Squeeze in a few squats. lol

      Delete
  3. I'm one of the few people that parks far away. I don't really do it for the extra steps. I just find it easier since it's a piece of cake to drive in, drive out, and not look for ages for a spot close to the entrance. Plus like you said, less risk of a small accident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Typical guy...putting your car's well being before your own. You still get points for being more active. :)

      Delete
  4. lol, swapping squats for not doing squats. natch.

    I agree with all of these tips! Especially bringing our own lunch and eating a late breakfast. I have a hard-boiled egg right now I get to work so tide me over and then I have my full yogurt breakfast at about 9:30. It helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That is such a swap. hahaha

      I used to do the boiled egg thing, and then just forgot about it a year or so ago. Maybe I should go back to that. Nice suggestion!

      Delete
  5. Love this!! For me it was swapping out the sweets for something else...but i didn't give up chocolate - i had the mini chocolate chips instead and it worked!! Ended up craving less! Water is key too!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love me some chocolate too!! Nom nom nom...but, for me, the hardest thing to give up is Cold Stone ice cream. Yum!

      Delete
  6. I'm swapping most carbs for cheese. Doesn't sound healthy, but I think it's working for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carbs for cheese? That's an interesting one.. haha

      Delete
  7. So, I started doing squats during every commercial when I watch tv (I do like, 10-15 per commercial) and I am telling you, it makes all the difference in the world (and I get to watch tv so hello, I'm on board).
    I also started eating Larabars for an in-between snack. They have 5 ingredients max, and are completely natural and minimally processed (and no soy, which is a biggie for me - my body and soy do not love one another). Drinking water is also another huge one that I need to keep doing more of!
    Hang in there, you hottie. You'll be bikini perfect in no time (more so than already - we're always our own worst critics). xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!! Can you record yourself saying that so I can play it before I head to the beach? hahaha

      Squats are the best! I just need to find a way to incorporate a quick tricep exercise. Mine are starting to hang! lol

      Delete
  8. The three things that have worked for me have been eliminating all fizzy drinks, drinking lots of water and staying active. Then I can practically eat anything else I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like fizzy drinks...but I do love me some coffee with creamer. That's prob the worst thing I drink. I need to sub it out with tea (plain) or water.

      Delete
  9. You should look up naturally flavored water. There are some ways to make it yourself with fruits or vegetables. I've never tried it but I happen to love water, so it's never been an issue for me. Also, try drinking smoothies instead of sodas! They have calories but they're healthy and also help you feel full so you're less tempted to snack with unhealthy foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's an interesting suggestion! I'm going to look into that! Luckily, I don't like soda. The carbonation bothers me.

      Delete
  10. I don't have swaps because all I do is eat healthy so nothing to swap :) I prefer black tea with half a lemon in the morning to wake me up and green tea with cranberries in the afternoon to avoid a snack between lunch and dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green tea with cranberries?? Yum!!! My mommy got me this DELICIOUS green tea that had some sort of natural oil added to it. It helped my digestive system and was really very good. I'll have to try and find it again.

      Delete
  11. Hi Jax...your swaps sound perfect for getting your cute self in shape for summer.
    I am not overweight either but I am olden...and everything has fallen into other places and I have little pockets of fatty stuff around so I, too, am eating healthier, mainly cutting SUGAR...I am such a sugar freak. I am doing the Special K healthy way of eating. A bowl of cereal for breakfast, another for lunch and a sensible dinner. Going to start walking again as soon as the weather is warmer...(I am such a wuss...) Good good luck on you healthy kick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a great believer in hanging upside down, Miss Jax. We call it "ape yoga" in the jungle. You could also try eating nuts and raisins for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Less sugar for sure. It feels so much better, even if it's a bit sad

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad you said squats and not sit ups. I don't know why they ever teach people to do sit ups, they are so hard on the back, when squats are better.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved