Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Jax Seal of Approval: Poshmark

I recently made an amazing discovery called Poshmark.
Poshmark is an app on your cell phone that is a mix between ebay and a consignment shop.
It's a great tool to sell the clothes, shoes, and accessories that you own but no longer wear.
No, I'm NOT getting paid to write this post.  Poshmark has no clue that I even exist...
To make a long story short, Poshmark let's people shop in your closet and you in others.

Jax's Poshmark Closet
...I'm totally not marketing my stuff right now.  This is to show you a real life example...



Pros of Using Poshmark

1.  User Friendly
The app is extremely easy to use.
To list an item you click "sell" and then take a few pictures directly in the app.
Trust me when I say that if it wasn't super easy to use, I wouldn't waste my time.

2.  You're Protected.
Poshmark has a whole bunch of rules & regulations that protect you.
As long as you list your item accurately and don't sell damaged goods, they'll back you up.
They protect you as a buyer also.  It's the seller's responsibility to fully disclose everything.

3.  Poshmark Deals with the Shipping.
After someone makes a purchase, the seller will receive a prepaid shipping label.
Your prepaid label will also give you a free box at the post office.
I mean, what's easier than hitting print, taping on a label, and dropping the package off!

4.  No Paypal
After Poshmark confirms that the buyer's funds have cleared, you have (3) payment options.
You can purchase something on Poshmark, get a check, or have the money put into your bank account.
Some people may see this as a negative, but I don't have a Paypal and I don't want one!

5.  You Price Your Items
You make your own price for whatever amount you feel the item is worth.
They even have a NWT (new with tags) option so you can flag the item as such.

6.  Communication
There is a comment system that allows you to communicate with the buyers and sellers.
The comments are public and can’t be deleted which eliminates future inquiries.
Besides, you get to chat with other stylish people that share your taste!  Hello fun!

7.  Offer Button
If a buyer is interested in your product, but doesn't want to pay full price, they can make a private offer.
This is a pro because people can haggle privately instead of in the comments section.
Remember, the comments can not be deleted, so if you agree to a lower price you can't back out.

8.  Sharing Button
You can take an item in your closet or someone else's closet and share it to all your followers.
This is great because it's Poshmark etiquette for fellow Poshmarkers to return the favor.
Sharing someone's item to all your followers allows for a lot of exposure which is great! 

Cons of Using Poshmark

9.  You Only Keep 80% of Sale.
Poshmark charges you a 20% fee for items sold through their application.
When pricing your item, you may want to keep this in mind.
Remember, they are paying for the shipping and they are protecting you with that cost!

10.  Used Items Sit.
The few items that I had flagged as NWT sold surprisingly fast.
The older, used items have been sitting idle in my Poshmark closet for a while.
I guess that means lowering the price to a really, really good deal!

This has been a great way for me to clean out clutter from my closet and make extra cash.
 Now, if only they'll create an app for our men's closets too!
Poshmark get's the Jax Seal of Approval!

Have you or will you try Poshmark?

25 comments:

  1. Wow, first I've heard of it, but that is a great idea. Can have your own yard sale without moving off your couch. Get rid of everything and free up space, ocd likes that. Plus get a little dough in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great site!! I made a few bucks off of it already. Not to mention, now I have more room to buy new things. hehehe

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of it before this but I'm intrigued! Sounds better than eBay for clearing out your stuff. I may look into this for spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great!! You should totally give it a try, even if you just list a few items. It's such a great way to clean out your closet and make a few bucks at the same time. :)

      Delete
  3. WOW this is awesome, especially since the carpenter is coming to install my new master bedroom closet tomorrow and all of our clothes are currently laying EVERYWHERE else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's a great way to clean everything up!

      Delete
  4. I used Poshmark a little while ago to sell something and sadly the shipping wasn't enough to cover what I had to ship it for and they weren't very good about getting me my money for it - so I haven't used it since :( But I do routinely stalk other people's closets!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? I'm sorry to hear that!! I've shipped many things so far, but they've always been covered under their free shipping label.

      Delete
  5. I have been hearing about Poshmark more and more lately- I need to check it out! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this would be a great way to make some extra $$$ or maybe find some good deals on some things ya need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like those platform sandals of yours... got thing you're getting them sold :)

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved