Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Wedding: 7 Month Marker


We are officially one month closer to my big day.
…and I really have not done much more planning…
This past month I was so busy playing Santa Claus, that my wedding planning had to be put on hold.

That being said, I do owe you all a huge thank you.
Instead of posting a 7-month confession saying that I have'nt done squat, I made sure I did something.
…or, heaven forbid, I just skipped right over my 7-month post!!  That would be way too scandalous…
In other words, you all were my motivation this month.

***************************

Invitations:  We wrote the wording and confirmed the style for the invitations.  Finally, the invitation proofs have been ordered!  Once we agree that we actually love them, the invitations can be paid for and ordered.  I'm hoping to have them mailed out at the beginning of May.
Oh, how I'm dreading the collection of the addresses that I will need.  Ug!

DJ:  I'm in the midst of a debate about this.  A co-worker friend of mine agreed to DJ my wedding for a fee of $400.  In NY, a DJ can range from $1,200-$2,000 for just a basic package.  To hire my friend would mean saving a huge sum of money.  The problem is, he doesn't MC to the extent of a real MC.  He does DJ well, but people think I really need an MC/DJ.
My family/friends are dancing people, but do you think I still need an MC?

Bridesmaids Gifts:  I thought long and hard about what to give my amazing bridesmaids for a gift.  Originally, I intended to get them a gorgeous pair of earrings that they could rock at the wedding.  Unfortunately, that was too far out of my budget.  I settled on getting them a killer pair of Michael Kors shoes to wear with their dress.  Hopefully they think the heels are as hot as I do!!!



I got heels for my whole bridal party, except for Sis.  She prefers flats and I was happy to oblige considering Michael Kors was so kind as to make matching ones.  The gold sparkles will compliment the ballerina pink dresses with a pop of sexy!  I also think these shoes are nice enough to wear out or home in the future.
Would it be inappropriate for me to wear the gold heels with my wedding dress?!

Where do you think wedding plans should be at the seven-month marker?

34 comments:

  1. Wait? I thought you already got married last year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got engaged 2 years ago, but we aren't married yet. :)

      Delete
    2. Dezzzz.... you're getting old. :p

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you got somethings done at least, every little bit helps. I still stick to my theory though, eloping is easier. haha probably why I'm still single huh? lmao Been to one wedding in my life and that was enough for me. They had an mc though and it seemed to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, every little bit helps!!! Just one less thing that I actually need to do. haha

      Delete
  3. Well, I think those heels are drop dead gorgeous! Does that matter?

    Here's my thoughts on the whole DJ/MC thing. Anyone can talk, but not everyone can mix. And, if your family is about dancing (just like mine), I say go for your friend. Not only will you save money but you'll end up having a better quality of dance music.

    And, I'm with the cat. Eloping is way easier. forget it, just cancel every thing! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? You agree with the cat??

      Great point and that's sort of what I was thinking! Then again, I don't want to be cheap and then have the second most important thing stink, you know? Sigh...the pressure!!!

      Delete
    2. hahaha see old one eye agrees with me and she's female. You said no female would agree, liar!

      Delete
    3. I don't lie!! In her heart, she secretly knows that she wants to be a fairy princess for at least one night. Even though it might cost her $20,000 grand to do so. :)

      Delete
    4. If she secretly knows it, then how do you know her secret since its a secret? hmm fishy

      Delete
  4. That is a great Bridesmaids gift!!! I love it!

    And if your friend is really outgoing and can play good music + keep the events flowing, I say go for it. But only if they can do the two things above!

    The invitation situation is suchhhh a painnnn, meaning- just so belaboring! But fun memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, the invitation process is awful!!! I was on the phone with her again last night for about 30 minutes discussing the border that I wanted on the bottom. It's like a never ending thing. haha

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You really think so? My aunt and cousin are telling me that they wouldn't do that. Apparently I have to wear white shoes. :(

      Delete
  6. You are doing really good. I secretly hope if I get married to elope so I can avoid all this, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eloping does sound easier, but it isn't as fun. lol

      Delete
  7. Maybe you could use some of the money you'll save on a DJ to hire a separate MC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decisions, decisions! I hate making them...ug!

      Delete
  8. I'm not sure where you should be at this point in time, depends on the size of the wedding I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be a small wedding, but it doesn't look like that's happening.

      Delete
  9. You don't 'need' anything at a wedding. It's all about whatever you want to do. So if you want to save money and have just a DJ and have a friend or family run up to the mic when needed, then do it!

    LOVE those shoes. Can I be a bridesmaid? Ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can, girl! I will order you a pair right now. :)

      Delete
  10. I'm sure it doesn't seem like it now but I know all the wedding planning will be worth it. Have you thought about trying postable.com to collect addresses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I'm off to check out that site right now. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  11. I never heard of Michael Kors until a few months ago and now he's like the hottest designer and everyone wants his stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You NEVER heard about Michael Kors until a few months ago?? You've been missing out, girl!! Quickly, go to his store!!! I remember my first pair of Michael Kors shoes 8 years ago for my 18th birthday. It's been love ever since!

      Delete
  12. thank you for getting me flats sis, I don't want to trip down the isle :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great heels. I bet they look good on you too.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved