Friday, January 16, 2015

List: Important Lists

R&W visitors quickly learn that I have an ongoing love affair with lists.
There is nothing I enjoy more than the neat and organized means of communicating via a list.
Not to mention my OCD seal claps every time I see one!

Despite the fact that some of history’s greatest accomplishments were lists, I still get smack.
I mean does The Ten Commandments or People’s Sexiest Man Alive list ring any bells?  Sigh…
At the ripe age of 26, I decided that it’s time to stand my ground and defend my lists.
Since so many of you like to poke fun, I’d like to make a bet that you all utilize lists frequently.

Jax’s List of Important Lists
Yea, I went there…

1.  Grocery List
This is my favorite type of list!
A grocery list is the best tool to use to walk out of a store with only necessary purchases.

2.  Pros & Cons List
I do this all the time!  In fact, I just did it yesterday when deciding between two job opportunities.
This is a wonderful tool to use when making difficult decisions. 

3.  To Do List
You just have to make sure your To Do list doesn’t end with writing the list…
Making a To Do list helps people to remember and to prioritize the tasks at hand.

4.  Budget List
Everyone should have a budget otherwise you’ll never know where you stand financially.
A budget list could be anything from a simple list of your expenses to a detailed financial summary.

5.  Medication List
My anxiety believes that a list of all medications a person takes should be accessible in case of an emergency.
Your medication list could be noted on an index card in your pocketbook or wallet.

6.  Invitation List
This is the first step to planning a party.  Then you create your food list, to do list, etc…
I have a list I keep handy with names and addresses to the people I invite for my baby’s events.

7.  Emergency Contact List
My anxiety feels the same way about this list as it does the medication list.
You should have two people briefed with your medical history that can be contacted in an emergency.

8.  Packing List
This can mean either a list of products in a shipment, or a list of things you need to pack.
Before traveling anywhere, everyone should make a list of things they need.  Then check it twice!

9.  Christmas List
This is a real fun list!  I mean, who doesn’t love to brainstorm all the things they want?
Every year I create an excel sheet with a list of all the people I need to buy for and what I plan to get them.

10.  Bucket List
Everyone has a list of things they want to do or places they want to see before they die.
There is no better way to celebrate your life’s hopes and dreams than to put them in a list!

What are your favorite lists?

25 comments:

  1. I need to create some sort of bucket list!! I love lists...they make me happy and I love crossing things off! lol xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yes!!! Especially when you cross it off with pretty highlighters. :) lol

      Delete
  2. Hmmm well guess what, I don't have a single one haha no lists at all at my hall, at least written out. I may have to do lists in my head, but that is where they stay. Pretty much everything is in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! Pat, we need to talk about this. Look at this way, how happy did you feel when you made the list about keeping germs away??? Didn't you feel like you have less clutter in your brain?!

      Delete
    2. haha nah, my brain has so much clutter a little bit less does nothing. Up there it can stay as it saves me time that way as well.

      Delete
    3. Lol that should be a list....how to clear the clutter in your brain. :)

      Delete
  3. I do love my lists! I make them daily! I don't have a Bucket List, though. Hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Aren't they fun to make? I like to invest in pretty paper. haha

      Delete
  4. YESSSSS. I am such a list maker (which is insane, because my mother is the queen of OCD lists, and I used to swear I would never do such a thing or be "so crazy"). I rely on a grocery list because I legitimately will spend hundreds of dollars without one. I'm glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love grocery lists. I spend so much time going through the circulars and writing the best deals on my list. The sad part is, I actually enjoy it! haha

      Delete
  5. so many good ones! yes on the grocery list, so necessary. Especially if I'm grocery shopping hungry (which I try not to do), it really helps keep the bill down.

    I still need to write down an actual bucket list. I think it's a nice life tool. and good call on the medication list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a bucket list either, but I probably should work on that. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm a sucker for "top/worst ten lists". Funny you mention the ten commandments and lists. Reminds of a bit by the genius comedian George Carlin about how ten is psychological satisfying number.

    "Why did they pick ten? Why ten? Why not nine, or eleven? I'll tell you why. Because ten sounds important. Ten sounds official. They knew if they tried eleven, people wouldn't take them seriously. People would say, "What're you kiddin' me? The Eleven Commandments? Get the fuck outta here!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!!!! That is genius!! Legit made me l.o.l. :)

      Delete
  7. The to-do list is my favourite. My life depends on that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I love to write to do lists. :)

      Delete
  8. My favorite lists are your lists!

    Also, the medical thing is genius. I'm gonna do that now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they now? love that!!! Right??? You always got to plan just in case. At least, that's what my anxiety says to do.

      Delete
  9. the lists of hottest and naughtiest celebs would be my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh roar, Dez!!!! Love that :) I think Gerard and the Hemsworth gods should be on the top of that list!

      Delete
  10. To Buy list! Typically that one's filled with fun things :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha....this post so meta:D
    TBH, I have a bit of an aversion to lists, but they are necessary esp when travelling with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Jax. Wsh you a very blessed, prosperous and a very Christ centered New year. I am so glad to know you thorugh your profile and the blog post. I am in the PASTORAL MINISTRY in the great city of Mumbai, India for last 35yrs. This city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor during thier vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us in the slums during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved