Monday, December 8, 2014

Wedding: 8 Month Marker

I haven't mentioned the wedding much since the nine-month post.
I haven't really done much planning since then either.  Sigh...
It's amazing how a whole month goes by and you don't even realize it.

Just to recap:  At nine months we already booked the catering hall, saved our date and time at the church, picked our colors (ballerina pink and gold), wrote an estimated guest list (140 people, EEP!), and made our budget.
The catering hall only holds 120 people, so I will not be sending save the dates!

We are officially at the Eight-Month Marker!



Invitations:  I finally hired the person I want to make them.  The invitation style and the envelope I want has been chosen.  I picked the font I want them written in and the colors I want them to be.  I wrote out a count of how many people I'll be inviting and made a final decision of the amount of invites that I will actually need.  All that's left is to pick the wording that I want and to place the final order.  I'm hoping that we are on schedule the have these out by May.
This was surprisingly complicated!  You want a dot?  Ok, just pick WHICH dot out of these hundred.

Bridal Party:  We finalized our bridal party.
This is an accomplishment, right?

Honeymoon:  My future in laws surprised us with booking a flight and a hotel to a fancy place on the beach.  We aren't allowed to know the exact destination, but they let us know that we don't need to plan anything.
Just because I didn't plan this, doesn't mean it isn't an accomplishment, right?!

Bridesmaid Dress Shopping:  We went to Macy's Bridal and tried on a bunch of dresses.  To go with the ballerina pink and gold theme, they are rocking real pretty pink dresses, with hot gold shoes.  The ladies officially know what they will be wearing.  The dresses have been ordered and should be here in 4-6 months.
This is at least one huge CHECK off the to do list!  Woo hoo!

Groomsmen Tuxedos:  While they didn't pick out the exact tux that they will be wearing, they did finally decide on a color.  I really wanted white, but they all fought this.  We settled on a very light gray to compliment the ballerina pink.
But, white totally would have been sharp!

Wedding Dress:  At Macy's bridal, I was prepared for war.  I was ready to try on 100 dresses and not be happy with any of them.  Boy, was I wrong!  I tried on one dress and fell in love.  I knew it was the perfect one for me, and I felt no need to try on another.  I said yes to a dress!
My family and friends were disappointed with the short show, but the dress was perfection.  :)

This is as far as we have gotten.  We still need to look at flowers, book a DJ and photographer, order a cake, book the limo, get Mushy a flower girl dress, buy the wedding rings, collect all the addresses, make the donation in lieu of the favors, and do a million other things to make this day rock.
Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it!

Where do you think a couple should be at the eight-month marker?

24 comments:

  1. I think you're doing great! All the big stuff is settled and checked off! Yay!

    Your ring is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is nice of the in laws to send you to a beach. yeah, it still counts. I'm sure not one to ask about wedding stuff, as at 8 months or 1 month my advice is to elope and then hop a plane somewhere fun, but that never goes over too well lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very nice of them. I haven't had a real vacation in a while. I can't wait!!

      Elope?? Um, no. Every girl wants her princess moment. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, you're doing great!! I am amazed that you found your wedding dress on the very first try! Definitely shows it is the 'one.' My friend is getting married and we are much older than you, so I wasn't too thrilled to find out I have to wear a bridesmaid's dress at first. But I've gotten over it. We looked online at some pretty, floaty things and I feel better that I won't end up in something ugly or not age-appropriate, ha ha.

    And how amazing that your in-laws are giving you a surprise honeymoon! That is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, what colors is she doing? What does the dress look like? How fun!

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you're where you need to be. As long as everything that needs to be ordered is ordered in time, you're doing good. For Mushy, she'll grow, so it might be best to wait to closer til the date to be sure that the dress will fit her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am going to wait for Mushy's dress. I mean, Macy's Bridal wants 4-6 months to place that order. Um, no. I will make that dress first. hahahaha

      Delete
  5. Good job!!! I just came from this entire world and even though I had been warned and prepared, I still felt overwhelmed by the amount of details that went into it. Nice idea about the Save the Dates vs the limited seating. If I discovered anything from my wedding it's that people will take liberties with invites: Bring guests when not given a plus 1 or never rsvp and then show up. Like seriously! It's so annoying.

    My first point of business was the photographer and I'm really happy that I got one down. I decided I didn't care about the cake (we did tartlets) nor did I care about party favors. So I splurged in other areas. It's funny to find out what you really care about and what you don't when these things come together and a million decisions weigh on your back.

    I love the color palette and oh how I wish we could see the perfect dress!!! I hope you will at least share a picture after you're married!

    So, so, so cool your honeymoon is taken care of. LOVE THAT.

    Happy planning! :) Sounds like you're on track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I lovedddd that I had one less thing to plan AND to pay for. Everything is so stinking expensive that it's almost depressing. haha

      Delete
  6. I guess they didn't want pink tuxedos either huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I didn't even ask about that one..

      Delete
  7. You have accomplished a ton, Jax. Just picking out the dresses and taking care of who's going to be there and narrowing down that guest list - major kudos to you. And, your ring - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, he did a great job. :)

      Delete
  8. Pretty neat. You are lucky to find the one the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are at a pretty good point at the eighth-month mark. Can't really question you... it has taken me more than 8 months to fix a broken toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats dear Jax, and the ring is beautiful!!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait! I did know you were getting married! I'm just getting old!

      Delete
  11. You sound like you're really on top of it! Not like those other brides who have breakdowns because the chair covers are peach instead of terracotta.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved