Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Recipe: Thanksgiving Potluck

Let's have a Thanksgiving Recipe Potluck!
If you e-mailed me a recipe, you are featured on R&W below.
**A big thanks to everyone who participated.**
______________________________________________________________________


First and foremost, Happy, Healthy Thanksgiving to everyone and their families.
...and now for the good part, the food...

****

Garlic Brussell Sprouts
Submitted by Jax from Raviolis & Waterworks.

(1) Pkg Brussell Sprouts
(6) Cloves of Garlic – Minced
(1) Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(1) Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes

Bring a large pot of water to a rigorous boil.
Meanwhile, thoroughly clean the Brussell Sprouts.  Once cleaned and dried, cut them in halves.
The largest turn off from these yummy veggies is the consistency, cutting them in half helps.
Put the cut Brussell Sprouts in the water and boil for about 12-15 minutes.
The vegetable should turn to a very pretty light green color once it has been sufficiently boiled.
Strain and set aside.

In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil.
Sauté the garlic and the red pepper flakes in the olive oil until it is a light brown color.
Add the Brussell Sprouts, stirring them into the garlic mixture until they are well coated.
Sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve hot.
This is Mushy’s favorite.  In her words “yummy, yummy, yummy”.

****

Roasted Sliced Yams
Submitted by Linda from Woke Up Out of Bed

Yams
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper

Preheat the oven to 350*.
Coat a roasting pan with olive oil.
Slice the yams in 2” thick rounds.
Sprinkle the yam rounds with more olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
You may also add any additional herbs you like.
Bake for 20 minutes.  Turn.  Bake for an additional 20 minutes.

****

Spiced Pecans
Submitted by Betsy from My Five Men


(2) cup pecan halves
(1/4) cup brown sugar
(1/4) cup melted butter
(4) tsp hot sauce, like Cholula
(1) tsp salt
(1/2) tsp pepper

Spray cookie sheet with oil.  Mix all ingredients and spread in a single layer on sheet.
Bake 350* for 12 minutes, stirring once half way through.
Coating will harden as it cools.  
These are mildly hot and spicy but nicely balanced with the brown sugar.  Very addictive!

****

What are your Thanksgiving meal Plans?
Gobble, Gobble.

28 comments:

  1. Yum! I love Brussels sprouts, so I will keep that for myself. If I tried to bring Brussels sprouts to Thanksgiving, I think my family would shoot me, ha ha.

    And by the way, I just got you out of spammer jail on my site. I'm not even sure why you went there, but it should be safe to comment from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay!! At least I wasn't going crazy when it wasn't letting me comment on your page. haha

      Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

      Delete
  2. Garlic is good for killing those parasites within, so that is sure a win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, can eat it, eat t raw every once in a while to give my insides a good dose lol

      Delete
    2. LOL Oh yes, how can I forget about your green tea??? LMAO

      Delete
    3. I'm still trying to figure out how to eat garlic and teach without killing my students... Any suggestions?

      Delete
  3. Have a very happy thanksgiving.
    We will be doing most of the cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum....I'm trying your brussels very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you like. So yummy!! Thanks for participating and I hope you had an amazing holiday. :)

      Delete
  5. Those looks liked some delicious recipes. I am not really doing anything on Thanksgiving besides trying not to get killed at my retail job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! It's an awful weekend to work in retail. Hope you enjoyed anyway. :)

      Delete
  6. I do like sprouts, although my tummy sometimes starts riots after receiving their visit LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...lol! But they are so yummy going in. :P

      Delete
    2. Dezzzz! You're talking to a lady!

      Delete
  7. I'm gonna make hamburger helper before I go to work so when I get home after midnight, I can just microwave it. I will be keeping these recipes for when I don't work though. =) Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy the food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had that before. Is it any good? I know it's quick.

      Delete
    2. It's not very good leftover, which I discovers last night. It's decent when you first cook it though. I add different seasonings to different flavors to make it better though.

      Delete
  8. We went to my brother's house for Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds nice! It's all about family. :)

      Delete
  9. I love a rigorous boil. Minor problem, though.... I can't cook to save my life. Spiced Pecans... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious! I tried to find brussell sprouts a couple of weeks ago and no one had them. What the heck? Anything made with garlic and love can't be bad!!

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved