Wednesday, February 1, 2012

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Hump day is here and I'm officially wiped out.  Would you like to know why I am especially exhausted this week???  Don't answer that...  This week has left me more wiped than usual because of the STRESS that comes with being a Patriots fan in NY.

You all know how I am super superstitious when it comes to rooting for my boys.  Just in case you forgot you can read all about it here.  Between that and the fact that I'm a genuinely nice person that respects everyone, you know that I ain't talking no smack to the Giants fans.  Ok, so maybe I'm a tad nervous about getting jumped too...  Normally I just take the stupidity that comes out of people's mouths and just let it bounce off of me and sit in the gutter where it belongs.  I don't believe in giving people the satisfaction of getting to me.  There is just one problem with this theory.  Put together a typical New Yorker, a dedicated Giants fan, and a super bowl game with their biggest rival and you get one giant, nasty, hot mess!

Want to know how rude, disrespectful, and frustrating the people that I'm surrounded with have been???  Don't answer that either because I'm going to tell you anyways.  Let a girl vent!!


1.  Radios.  My hour long commute to work is usually spent listening to my favorite morning shows.  The past week has been spent trying to dodge Patriot bashings and song covers dedicated to ripping apart New England.  I get that it's competitive, but Karma's gonna come back around!!!  Those songs are MEAN!


2.  Facebook.  On top of the usual Facebook status banter that I usually refuse to read or take part in bashing the poor Pats, I've been getting private messages full of nothing but hate!!  You don't see the Patriots fans messaging you!  Back off and let the game speak for itself.

3.  Brady.  There is no denying Brady is one of the top quarterbacks in the league.  These Giants fans actually think that there is a comparison between Eli and Tom.  Um, are they serious?  The fact that NE fans don't need to say nothing speaks wonders...  I woke up 2 days ago to this lovely picture.


4.  Groups.  People wasted their time and energy to create a group called "The Patriots Suck".  You can find this group here.  All of the hateful comments, pictures, and FANS are all right there for your viewing pleasure.  First line of the page "Baston Sacks Cack".  Really people?!?!?!?!!?


5.  Final Straw.  This was the tip of the iceberg.  This was the last straw.  This was the thing that made me snap!!!!!  My ex sent me a picture of him in a public restroom.  How do I know it was a public restroom?  Because the focus of the picture was a photo of Tom Brady taped onto the front part of a urinal.  The caption of the photograph pointed out the stream of pee coming out of we all know where and landing on the face of the poor QB.  My ex sent me a picture of him peeing on a picture.  Really?  Grow up!!  Add that to the reasons why we broke up.  Sigh...

What disrespectful, petty, annoying, obnoxious, or mean things have you experienced from competition?

To make me feel better, here's a picture of my future boy toy, Aaron Hernandez, chowing down in the Indianappolis locker room.

Go Patriots!!!!

-Jax 


P.S.  Everyone take a little visit over to It's Rhyme Time.  Turns out I'm in trouble.  Eep!

37 comments:

  1. The Patriots v. Giants game should be a good one. As a Steelers fan, I don't really care who wins. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. People like this are extremely lame and part of the reason why I can't enjoy a football game in public without worrying about being stabbed or shot.

    Then again, the patriots are one of the most despised teams in football. But peeing on a picture? I don't get it.

    People: Taking the fun out of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One way for them to never get your goat is to herd sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy toy or not, that Hernandez pic is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @B...Right?!?!?!!? Who PEES on a picture!?!?! And for the love of God, YOU HOLD YOUR PHONE WHILE YOU'RE PEEING AND SNAP A PICTURE?! That's an e-coli infestation waiting to happen. Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh... I just don't care about silly football either way hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just another way humans prove they are soo stupid. Peeing a picture, really? Actually sticking the picture in there in the first place is nasty too, god knows the germs that leaped off..lol

    I get people like their teams and stuff, but it's a game with a bunch of over paid weenies,(I mean all sports) Between the millionaire players whining about money and the fans acting like stupid cavemen, who cause riots over losing, proving how stupid once more humans can be, it makes it hard to even like any sport anymore.

    As B said it just sucks all the fun out of it. But just let it keep bouncing off then when your guys win, that's all the satisfaction you'll need.

    And only a little trouble. I'm sure you will crawl out of the rubble..haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right?! THE GERMS!! Omg, I almost died when he sent me that. (Ok, so I didn't almost die, but I was really skeeved!)

    Haven't these people heard of e-coli or RABIES?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gonna be a GREAT game! I hope/PRAY the Patriots will win. I really dislike the Giants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can rely on me not to bash the Patriots. I don't even know what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes, people can really take it too far! I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems like there's a lot of emotion riding on the game this sunday... should make for an interesting game, either way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm I don't think you can get rabies..lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. that photo is a riot, and it shows how reasonable you are cuz you posted it. so i believe what you are saying. i mean, karma does come around. i do think the urinal is funny, and i reckon you do too. i mean, if i saw it i would have laughed. but it's also like, who went to the trouble of doing that?? sad. honestly, people don't know where to invest their emotions today and professional sports is designed to attract that energy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope that you get the outcome you want! It sounds exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't stand televised sports, at all. The reason I like superbowl Sunday is I can go do errands because all the stores are empty. But I celebrate whatever others love. People who have to talk a lot of shit, are insecure.

    I do like watching sports if I'm actually at an event. I totally get in to it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm an SF giants fan. We get nothing but hate from everyone around. Lincecum's long hair, the beard, all of that crap. Gets whistled at when the giants take it on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Umm, I'm with Anthony. I'm a Steelers fan. I hope you're not tormented too much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm gonna root for the Pats this year. I guess there's a first time for everything =p

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ZaP & Axis...Are you guys trying to win bonus points?!?! Love it!! Go Pats :) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love football, but for the past couple of years people have truly become ugly about games. To the point that it's not funny. It shouldn't be that serious to where we're seeing the examples you're pointing out Jax. Thanks for doing a topic on this. I feel we're reverting to the gladiator days! What's next? Feeding folks to the lions!?! Crazy.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. As a person who plays a lot of online games I see a lot of nonsense coming from the younger generation of gamers.

    If you're better than them, you have no life. If you're worse than them, you suck. Plus, you get to hear all the lovely profanities they spew from their little mouths.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can see that following a sports team can present it's share of problems. A whole week's worth of stress is a lot but next week should be better. I guess I avoid all that by not having a TV, huh? Good luck to your Patriots.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I get supporting your team, and unfortunately, part of supporting the team is putting up with all this crap from others

    I support the Vancouver Canucks in NHL, and they are by far one of the most hated teams in the league and are constantly getting riled on. It can really piss you off if you let it.

    Still, if they are talking about your team, it means that they are on their minds a lot. They wouldn't be thinking that much about it if they weren't worried about the other team. I guess what I'm trying to say: The more they rag on the patriots, chances are the more scared they are of them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. thata girl, work dem hips on hump day :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. :) thanks for informing me of who is playing in the Super Bowl. That's terrible, isnt it? Well I will cross my fingers for you and your Pats! I'm glad to know there's a female among us who knows it football shizz

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't seen too many rude stuff come out of sports to be honest. I'm not much into sport teams so I don't notice everything but the biggest rivalry is between Clemson vs University of South Carolina. These fans can get ugly

    ReplyDelete
  28. imagine my man watching footbal everyday.. he's always stress and i'm tired watching him hehehehe lol...
    hope you're having a nice week dear!!!! take care. xoxo, Haus of Gala

    ReplyDelete
  29. Today I heard that a poll of married women revealed more of them would rather have an affair with Eli Manning because of his "boys next door looks" than with Tom Brady. Clearly those women got the two confused or are blind. That's impossible.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved