Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Scope Scoop

Last night I went to a Pampered Chef party with one of my favorite Aunts.  You know...those parties where a group of ladies get together and buy fancy cooking gadgets.  We had a great time sipping chocolate martinis, eating sizzling hot foccacia bread, and watching demonstrations on how to properly grate cheese.  Two new pots and a cupcake tray later, we left discussing something very interesting...

We got into talking about horoscopes and natal charts.  I am a Leo.  If you read the description of a Leo, it describes my personality to the tee. 



I fully believe in horoscopes.  If you match up your friends to their signs you will suddenly understand all these things about them that you never knew before.  Lightbulb!!  So that's why my girl has periodic mental breakdowns.  Her zodiac sign is just overly emotional... Horoscopes do not just end at your typical zodiac signs.  There are many planets and moons that make up who we are as well.  Even if you don't believe in it, check it out for fun. 

What is your zodiac sign?  Does it fit you?
Look at me all curious...

Well, now that we are all too familiar with the zodiac making of ourselves, let's get into the juicy part!  While I'm not proud of this, I'll admit it out loud.  I heard that admitting something is the first step in fixing it...  I'm predjudice when it comes to horoscopes.  Ok, stop!  I'm not some psycho that only associates with other Leos or anything like that.  But, I definatley do judge people based on their signs.  Well, it's a little worse than that...I date people based on their horoscope.  Stop with the judging!!!  My ears do ring you know! lol

Virgos:  I will not and do not ever want to date a virgo.  Despite my natal chart throwing warnings at my face left and right, I went against it's advice and did this twice.  Virgos and I just don't go well together.  They tend to have very little imagination.  They tend to have zero desire for adventure.  They are very practical and extremely judgemental.  If you know anything about Leos, know this.  We need to be "petted" constantly.  Judging us is just going to make us roarrr!!  While Virgos are great people that have necessary qualities to succeed in life, they will never make it as my other half.

Saggitarius:  I stay far away from these types of men!!  Far, far away...  Mr.BikeRide is a Saggitarius.  That's part of the reason why I will not rekindle our romance.  Typically, this zodiac sign likes to play the field.  They are smooth, sexy, and just over all addicting.  Bottom line:  Stay away before they reel you in and don't let you go!! 

Leo:  I try and stay away from Leos too.  While I've never dated one before, every lion knows, that there's only one leader of the pride...  Jus sayin...

While I know that I am stereotyping people for something that they can not help, I can't help but be hesitant everytime one approaches me.  Meanwhile, I'm going to keep fishing for my perfect gemini, aries, or libra...

-Jax

P.S.  Revenge tonight, people!!!  :)


35 comments:

  1. Holy chit! "You are known for being open, frank, outgoing and honest. At times, though, you are also blunt and quite indiscreet. Others have to learn not to take everything you say personally, because you usually do not mean any harm. You appreciate living your life in a straightforward and simple manner -- you dislike social niceties and consider them to be hindrances to real communication. You have lots and lots of energy and tend to become quite restless if you feel confined. You demand the freedom to do as you choose -- you must be self- directed or you feel trapped and anxious. With your abundant energy, you enjoy being outdoors, and you should be attracted to physical exercise or to those forms of sport which can help you burn off some of that excess energy. Very gregarious, you love to socialize -- your innate enthusiasm livens up any gathering."
    All very true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeee, they are always soo true!! What's your sign???

    ReplyDelete
  3. My horoscope was accurate as hell. Why? Because it said at the very end that I like to gossip. I. DO.

    Great post today, Jax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha aren't we just a little sterotyper...haha

    I think they are like a lot of things, you can see yourself in them because you are looking for stuff, I took it and yeah I can see some truth to what it said but also could see some of it was full of crap. It's vague enough to relate and if you know yourself or the person, there will always be something you can relate to it.

    And Aries is Pat by the way. God of War hmmm not a bad moniker..haha The cat is Pisces, so guess we aren't part of your avoided group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cat is pisces???? Im willing to bet ur a very emotional feline. :P There I go judging again. sigh...lpl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well he does get jealous quite easily and talks quite a bit..haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make stereotyping fun. #justsayin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. The zodiac is awesome. I'm an Aquarius and it fits me, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh when is your bday? I'm a Leo too and my horoscopes are always right on. Most of the time it's says I'm bossy too. Soooo weird because that's so not true...... Ok it's 100% true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My bday is aug 2...urs??

    & we rnt bossy. Pshhh, its not our fault we r the king of the jungle. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my have people - LEO!

    My first boyfriend is a LEO and he is a force to be reckoned with!

    xox,

    ML
    Twenty York Street
    www.twentyyork.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Grandad is a Leo but he is nothing like this.
    I'm a Virgo and reading "I will not and do not ever want to date a virgo." makes me upset.
    I personally don't believe Star signs or whatever you like to call them make a person, I think you need to actually get to know the person.

    Good blog though this was a good read, I've followed :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a Leo too :) My first husband was Aries and we argued a lot! My current husband is Scorpio/Saggitarius and we get on much better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't believe in horoscopes but my sign (Libra) is so oddly on-target. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, my first time here, and I enjoyed reading this post, very interesting.:) Although, I' just read that you say far far away with Sagittarius,lol.. still want to follow your blog.:) Oh, one more thing, it's just new to my ears that I am not Sagittarius but Ophiuchus, have you heard about the 13th zodiac sign?

    Thanks for sharing us about this post, very cool and really interesting! :)*smile*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do like to read my horoscope, but I am not sure how much I believe in them. However, I did read my husband's when we first started dating, just to check:)

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  17. I personally think that astrology is bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a pisces and Jax you are right on girl! Personalities do fit! That's why I'm sweet, dreamy and most of the time in lala perfect land! HAHAHAHAHA Love this post girl!

    http://averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. One of my gfs is way into horoscopes and will often times read mine to me. If it floats her boat, it's all good with me - she'll use it to explain just about EVERYTHING

    ReplyDelete
  20. Im a pisces. Whats your take on us?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really? No imagination? lol Have you read my blog? I'm a Virgo. I guess it's a good thing we aren't dating. (course you're a girl and all so that would never work anyway. lol)Oh I'm still laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Aporia...thanks girl!!!

    @Stormy...Horoscopes are different for males and females. My Brother is a leo and is nothing like me at all. & about the Virgos..my best friend all throughout highschool was a Virgo and she was a riot!! Would I ever date her...no way! We are were way too opposite :P

    @Saggitarium...I have heard of the Ophiuchus. I believe that it only applies to very young people. Thanks for the follow!

    @Summer...My best friend is a Pisces!! They tend to be motherly and very passionate. When they love something, they LOVE it. When they hate something, they HATE it. They are also very protective of who they love.

    @Melynda...Pshh, if you weren't married and we were into girls, I would be honored to date you!! hahaha Horoscopes are different for men & women. My bff growing up was a Virgo and she was sooo fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. my hubby is Leo too!!! and I'm Aquarius.. that's why we're compatible :)
    baci.. xoxo, Haus of Gala

    ReplyDelete
  24. Leos rock.

    I am a Gemini and married a Libra. I dare not look at compatibility there.

    Ignorance is bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  25. i'm always surprised when i read stuff about my sign how spot on it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well the good news is I am a gemini so naturally I am easy to get along with but hey now, my husband is a virgo! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm not a believer! But I think, hey, whatever you think works :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think it's sad that you say Virgos have little imagination - I'm a virgo and I like to think I'm full of imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm glad you have fun last night. As an aside, I can't stand those parties, because I always feel so pressured to make a purchase I don't want to.

    That said, you're the one dating the people, so you can use whatever criteria you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post, I totally believe in horoscopes, be it the normal zodiac to the Chinese Horoscopes... Leo men are something else though...
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved