Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Good News & Bad News

I can't believe it's only Tuesday night!!!  It so feels like a Wednesday.  Sometimes I swear that these 3 day weekends just make the rest of the work week that much harder.  Look at me complaining about a day off.  I take it back!! lol  

Other than getting my days mixed up, this morning I got good news and bad news.  What do you want to hear first?  Well, I guess it's typical to start with the bad news first, right?  

I heard through the grapevine that Blogger is getting rid of GFC.  Is this really true?  I have absolutely no idea.  What I do know is that I had to take action.  I immediately signed up for Google +.  Signing up was easy, but after that, it's all down hill.  Google+ may be the most single confusing thing I've looked at all day.  That says a lot considering I spent 9 hours with Japanese people trying to run their Accounts Receivables department!  lol  There are a bunch of weird things going on in Google+.  That includes post updates from people that I don't know and CIRCLES!!  What is with the circles?!  Not to mention, whatever I did on there sent out about 3 e-mails to everyone in my address book.  Horrible!  Can anyone confirm the GFC rumor?  Or, better yet, who wants to give me a free tutorial on how to work the damn thing?  Sigh...Come on now!!  We could call it a webinar!! lol


And onto the good news!!  The lovely B from The Opposite of That granted me the honor of an award!! Since it's The Happy 101 award, I get to list 10 things that make me happy.  That should be easy enough considering I used to be Little Ms. Fun.  ;)  Here we go!!


1.  GodSon.  No matter what kind of day I had or how I am feeling, that little boy makes me happier than anything else.  Even if it's just a phone conversation with him mumbling gibberish on the other line, I'm guaranteed to have a smile across my face.  

2.  Glamour.  I love Glamour.  I live for Glamour.  When in doubt, I ask myself WWGD?  Yes, I really just said that.  LOL!  Plus, a date night with Glamour and a glass of wine is the next best thing to a real date with Gerard Butler.  

3.  Clean Blueberries.  I spend extra time washing my blueberries with fruit and veggie cleaner just so the next day at work I can brag all about it.  Seeing those babies shine really does make me a happy lady!

4.  TheLoveBug.  I don't think I could ever get rid of my car.  Just catching a glimpse of her sitting in a parking lot makes me smile.  

5.  Pigs.  I love anything with pigs!  Piggy banks, pig shaped pans, and even expensive Lenox pig figurines all grace my apartment.  I'm seriously looking into getting a micro pig as well!  Oink, oink!

6.  Coconut Scent.  I'm madly in love with coconut scented anything.

7.  Brand New.  The original Brand New c.d. makes so happy!  When I'm upset, I put it on and sing my little heart out.  Don't know them?  Click here for one of my fav songs by them.  You're welcome!

8.  Annoying.  I love to annoy people.  Well, not in an annoying way!  Nothing makes me laugh harder than annoying the crap out of my Brother.

9.  Cavatellis.  Despite my blog being named after Raviolis, cavatellis are my all time favorite pasta.  Yum!!

10.  Patriots.  As if you all didn't know this one already...  Watching my boys kick serious butt really makes me VERY happy.

This is the part where I'm supposed to award 10 new people.  The problem is that I love all of you and genuinely enjoy reading up on your blogs!!  There is a list to the right where I have all my favorite bloggers shouted out.  If you're not on there, no worries, it's prob just because I forgot.  Remind me, and I'll give you a shout!  

What things make YOU happy??
Other than stopping here of course ;)

-Jax

24 comments:

  1. Geez I expected Supernatural to at least make your top ten..haha. You like anything Pigs, yet it's the term to describe slobs and you hate them, hmmm interesting.

    As far as Google friend connect goes. Come march 1st they are only allowing blogger blogs to use it, so anyone with wordpress or something are SOL. Then they might do away with it completely and go to just google plus. I made up a page for my blog on it and some dumb arse profile but it's only because they are going to screw with it, most of it is pointless facebook rip off garbage anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award!!

    I THINK I made myself a google+ page, but honestly, I'm not sure. It's tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pat... Shhh, dnt tell Sam!! Lol...wattt?! Thats AWFUL!! Google+ is legit a hot mess. The circle nonsense makes me twich. Sigh...They need to provide hands on training lol

    @Gia...tks, chica!! I say ur next bumper sticker shld b hatin on this google+ shizz!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea why google are trying to compete with Facebook regarding social networking. Even if google+ wasn't confusing I still don't think that Facebook's 500+ million users are willing to switch anytime soon. :P great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah Dear I understand you. Sometimes I feel like we are finish the week or maybe that I would like:)
    I love when my kids said I love so much or I missed you:)
    love when a friend make me laugh and when a nice and close friend said me :Love you so much
    Bake and cook sometimes make me happy
    swim make me happy too
    love when I stopping by like here and make me feel better in a difficult day (lol)
    nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA Jax! We love you too! I received your email about joining Google+. My friend sent me one a long time ago. I never joined because I was overwhelmed setting up my old blog. HAHAHA Oh girl, from what I understand it's going away for anyone that's NOT a member of Blogger (like wordpress peeps etc.) So it's only those readers you have to be concerned with. I signed up for bloglovin' and people can join you using that. Much easier than Googly Oogly Plus! HAHAHA Congrats on your award and I can tell you are lovin your body wash from your pic! HAHAHA I like that!!! Continue enjoying it my friend. :D

    http://averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog posts, they're always so thorough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think everyone likes to annoy there brothers. It is one of the funnest things you can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not heard anything about GFC, ugh that would be annoying. can't they just keep it! I don't like change.

    I don't get GooglePlus though I'm a member. I haven't gone on it since I signed up months ago I don't think.

    I love pigs too! And do you mean Glamour the mag or just glamour in general? haha, so fabbbulous.

    PS that story of your Dad with the art cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Google is pushing its luck by trying to take over every aspect of social media. They have their niche and I wish they'd stay in it. We all got Google+ in the UK first and we hated it. None of us use it. Now, what do I like? Hot chocolate was the first thing I thought of and I love books and above all else, I love music.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've heard of that.. really bad news!!! i hope its not true!
    congratulations for the awards!!! great things to know again more from you.. i'm sure you'll love my coconut biscuits :)
    xoxo, Haus of Gala

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coconut! I'm right there with you.
    I love holding babies. I'm very maternal.
    I was never an animal person until I met my dog. But he's really a baby in a fur suit.
    I love trivia; my friends call me the Enclycopedia since I have an answer for anything. I consider this a compliment since apparently my late great aunt had the same nickname!
    Makeup/beauty products...I can never have enough

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think G+ is pretty great actually, it might be confusing at first but once you know it it's quite handy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know what the GFC is even? Afraid I can't help you there.

    And congrats on your award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg G+ drives me insane. I think Google is getting rid of GFC for people who do not use Blogger - since you're on Blogger I think you'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg G+ drives me insane. I think Google is getting rid of GFC for people who do not use Blogger - since you're on Blogger I think you'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the heads up on the GFC thing! I'll have to find out more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely post! Congratulations for the award :)

    Shall we follow each other? I'm following.

    WWW.FASHIONWHIT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love to annoy my brother too LOL! You're a woman after my own heart :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. it seems like connecting with others is getting harder, not easier. the different platforms are intimidating and difficult to understand, i totally agree.

    haha, i just had cavatellis the other day. my mom make 'em. annoying siblings is fun, but making sure a piece of fruit is clean is a great way to add enjoyment.

    you're welcome:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have heard this too. I have a personal google+ account that I don't understand, and won't be happy if I have to create one for the blog. I don't understand why they wouldn't just leave GFC alone.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  22. You can have a personal Google+ account??? I thought Google+ was just a replacement for GFC!! Sigh... lol

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved