1. You need the extra time for yourself. Think about all the time you spend texting, calling, e-mailing, hanging out, worrying about, cleaning up after, crying over, and all the other silly things that come with a relationship. Every little thing you do that revolves around your man takes up precious minutes from your life that you can never get back. Besides, wouldn’t you rather spend your evening with a nice glass of white wine and a hot date with Glamour magazine? I know I would.
2. You don’t need to share your pint of Ben & Jerrys. You also do not need to share the food on your plate with the bottomless pit that you are dating. You also do not need to be force fed like a little baby. (Who came up with the bright idea that spoon feeding a girl is cute anyway? Would that person like to change my diapers also?) We might be ladies, but that doesn’t mean that we want to share our pint of Double Fudge Brownie. Mmmm. I know I’m little, but watch me down 3 pints of that stuff throughout the course of an entire movie like it’s nothing.
3. You only need to clean up once. The single woman does her cleaning and then tip toes around her home until she's ready to do it all over again. You might not be as big of a clean freak as I am (I bleach my fridge every Sunday. Just sayin...), but I know that if company is coming over I scrub twice as hard. So every time my man comes over I feel obligated to make sure that my home is spotless. Then after a night of doing God knows what, my apartment is RANSACKED and I have to clean up all over again. Horrible. That's too many cleaning sessions. Single LMF with her glass of wine and glamour magazine never makes a mess...ever.
4. You can go anywhere you want without 21 questions. We have all had that jealous, insecure boyfriend that needed to know exactly where we were EVERY second of EVERY day. That's when we should ditch the boyfriend and find a man-friend. Instead of doing the smart thing, we answer the idiotic questions giving them the ok to continue with the nonsense. Even if your man ins't insecure, you still need to worry about being a respectable girl friend (barf) and that you aren't doing something naughty. Just think about it, it's simple math. Single = Going Anywhere + With Anyone - Stress <--- I'll have some of that please!
5. You can focus on you. Being single allows for a woman to find out who she is and who she wants to be. Go to college, put extra hours in at work, do that thing you always wanted to do, travel to that place you always wanted to go, and, for the love of God, explore your sexuality. (Throw an Adult Toy party. They are fun and educational. Trust me). Figure out what you like and what you don't like in EVERY aspect of life. Be the best you that you can be. All this cliche nonsense can only happen during "you" time and "you" time is single time. Go get it ladiesss!!
Let me know what you think. Leave comments on why you enjoy being single!