Friday, December 16, 2011

Ginger Cookies, Snow, & a Joke

Happy Weekend Everyone!!

I would like to take a minute to point out that there are light flurries in my blog's forecast for the next few weeks.  Do you see the pretty little snow flakes falling down my page?!?  Every time I see the snow I eep like a little girl!  The snow is thanks to the lovely Kim from the blog SassyUptownChic.  Check her out, she's pretty awesome! 

Do you see the Renuzit?  It's one of 22 laying around my apt.  Finding it in the pic made me LOL!
I'm spending my Friday night very low key.  I already read through half a Glamour magazine, drank a glass and a half of delicious red wine, and baked a whole batch of homemade ginger snap cookies.  So I have date nights with myself.  Big deal!  LMF says it's good for you!  So you want to hear my secret?  I didn't make the cookies completely from scratch.  I cheated...but, just a little.  

All you need is one box of gingerbread cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, and some Sugar in the Raw for this holiday deliciousness.  I mix everything together except for the sugar until it's completed blended.  I then do the double spoon trick and lay out the mix in tablespoon scoops on a buttered cookie sheet.  Then sprinkle some Sugar in the Raw (I swear by Sugar in the Raw.  I refuse to consume regular sugar.  It's so bad for you!!) on top of the uncooked cookies.  Bake for 8 minutes at 375 degrees.  Let cool and enjoy.  They are delicious and super easy!  

Before I go to finish reading my Glamour mag, I want to share with you a really funny dirty joke that my dad, TheViking, told Biff and I.  Enjoy :)

An Italian man came to America and caught sight of beautiful, black dress shoes.
He decided that he needed these shoes.  He bought them immediately.
Later that week, the Italian man went to a church function.
He saw a woman and asked her to dance.  While they were dancing, he asked her a question.
"Are you wearing yellow panties?"
"Why, yes I am!  How did you know?"
"It's my shoes!  I could see the reflection.  Aren't they so shiny and beautiful?"
"Why, yes they are!"
Time passed and the Italian man saw a new girl that he wanted to dance with.
Next thing you know, the two of them were dancing when he had to ask another question.
"Are you wearing pink panties?"
"Why, yes I am!  How did you know?"
"It's my shoes!  I could see the reflection.  Aren't they so shiny and beautiful?"
"Why, yes they are!"
A little more time passed, when a new girl caught the Italian man's eye.
After agreeing to dance, the Italian man got all sweaty and hot.  He started trembling with nerves and fighting back fear.  This time the woman asked the question.
"Is everything ok?"
"Well, no.  Are you wearing any underwear?"
"Why, no I'm not!  How did you know?"
"Oh, thank God!!  I thought I had a crack in my new shoe."
hahahahaha only TheViking!

What are your Friday night plans?

-LMF

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Im glad I stumbled here since Ive just been invited to a Xmas do and I have no idea what to bring! haha. Have been having mad cravings for gingerbread men so this would be PERFECT. Anyhoo, nice snow flurries, really gets me into the Christmas spirit for sure =)

    Eeli

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha love the joke, I did see the no underwear coming, but not the crack in his poor shoes..haha

    Yeah I have date nights with myself all the time, I think it's becoming a problem..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha!
    but seriously,
    what do you think about Paul Rudd?
    I wanna marry him, but he's already married. Minor obstacle.
    ps loveee the sweet blog love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute snowflakes!

    I've been keeping low key today, I haven't stopped out yet, I just may later on tonight since I've been in all day just watching TV shows and eating meal after meal! I'm so bored.

    x Stephanie,
    *Anchored in the City

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out girl! And enjoy that snow. We help one another! Those cookies look delish! :D I'll be making some gingerbread cake!
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved