Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Feast On That!

What's good homies??  Yea, I had enough of the gangsta talk too.  lol!  Normally i wouldn't bore you guys with football talk on a Tuesday, but last night's game was so impressive that I need to give my boys a little shout out.  This win domination consisted of 3 interceptions (...take that haters on NE's defense!), a really awkward run by Brady where he gained about 8 yards only to head butt himself into the dirt, AND a 72 yard touch down on a punt return!!!  We forgive you Aaron baby for messing up a few times last night.  That Gronk is always trying to show you up!  7-3!!!


Womp, womp, womppp <3
With Thanksgiving lurking around the corner, I thought it might be fun to share one of my favorite recipes for gobble gobble day!  As you all know, I'm a bi-annual vegetarian that eats fish.  Every year you don't eat meat you save 50 animals.  So every other year I conduct my annual meat free cleanse!  After my family's huge Italiano dinner that consists of antipasto, gabinadina, and lasagna, we indulge in an American 3rd course.  This is when my Nanny brings out the turkey, the ham, fried cauliflower, artichoke hearts, sweet potato casserole, and my favorite the stuffing.  Unfortunately, vegetarians can't eat stuffing because it absorbs all the damn turkey juice.  No worries, because Ms. Fun has a great substitute!  Consider yourselves privileged because below I am going to share with you all my cheaters version of vegetarian stuffing!  Bono appetit!

1 Stick Unsalted Butter
1-1/2 Cups Celery  <--Diced!
1 Large Yellow Onion <--Diced!
3 Large Green Apples <-- Peeled, Cored, & Diced!
1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Sage
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Thyme
1 Cup Nuts <-- Chopped! (I prefer pecans, but feel free to go crazy.)
1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
16 oz Bag Herbed Stuffing Bread
28 oz Vegetable Broth

Melt the butter in a large pan.  Add the onions and celery.  Saute for about 8-10 minutes.  I love the smell of browning onions.  Yum!  In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the broth.  Mix really well!!  Add vegetable broth and stir until the bread is evening moistened.  Transfer your mixture into your baking dish and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.  You're welcome!  It's so delicious that I'll give it the LMF seal of approval.  :)

My contribution to Thanksgiving this year will be the vegetarian stuffing, brussel sprouts, and homemade pumpkin bread.  What will you be making?

-LMF

14 comments:

  1. Your recipe sounds excellent. Though I have no talent in the kitchen, my family's best dish is sage stuffing.

    I am not worried about Aaron at all. They'll be doubling Gronk more now meaning he'll be Brady's target. And, I am all smiles since I had the Pats D last night--love those 20+ fantasy performers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LMF!!! I saw that game and it was fabulous. They always bring it in the second half. That recipe sounds really good. It's a great alternative. I'll be trying my hands at sweet potato pie this year. I can't wait...only a couple more days. :)

    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stuffing recipe is perfect - my parents are vegetarian and I could imagine cooking it for non-Thanksgiving. I'll be preparing the rolls this year - and maybe the pies if my sister doesn't get around to it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's awesome that you do that every other year- whatever works for you! I have been vegetarian for a month and a half and it has been so hard but then again not too bad... my goal was to try it until Thanksgiving so I am SO excited to eat on Thanksgiving. It's funny because one of the ladies we always spend thanksgiving with, she is a Vegetarian all year long EXCEPT on Thanksgiving. She's been doing that since before I was born, it cracks me up and I'm always so proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can bring a can of pringles, does that count?

    Geez so much food, some I never even heard of before. The cat would have a field day, Pat and his picky eating self would go the other way..haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I make a vegetarian stuffing that's very similar to that- super yummy!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds sooo yummy! I'm making broccoli salad :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanksgiving = Football
    That's all. :)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. This recipe is really great, not just for vegetarians but also for those who are a little health conscious as well :) It's a great substitute, LMF! And lol... I'm not very familiar with American football (I'm sensing a gasp of horror from you) but that's because over here, basketball's almost like our national sport lol.

    Have a great Thanksgiving celebration, my dear!

    Cheers,

    Wi
    A Single Girl's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been trying to eat healthy these past few days and I just really want some meat tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm going to make this sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved