Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My best friend, Plank!

What a rough start to a new week!  As you all know, it's midterm week for us college students.  Bleh!  I spent the majority of my weekend and my entire Monday afternoon studying for my killer accounting exam.  There was no way that I could've been more prepared for this exam.  I was sitting at my desk waiting to ace the test, when I heard a buzz and caught a glimpse of yellow.  For the love of God...  There happens to be a beehive somewhere in my classroom because this is the SECOND time that I saw a bee flying around the room.  How the hell am I supposed to take a midterm while dodging an evil creature that could easily take my life?  Needless to say, if I got anything less than an A on that exam, I'm coming back after hours in a tin suit with a bottle of Raid and a tub of bleach.  Revenge!!!


Plank!
Does anyone recognize that guy above?  He's my favorite character on my favorite cartoon, Ed, Edd, N Eddy.  He is Plank, Johnny's best friend.  Well, he's more of an imaginary friend because he is just a plank of wood.  If you are unfamiliar with the show then I suggest you familiarize yourself because you are missing out!  It's a great show.  Watching this cartoon will bring your intelligence level down a few notches, but the laughs you will have will make up for any suffered brain loss.
Ok, follow me now...Bee buzzing around...Plank would be clutch for swatting bee...PLANKING!

What is planking?

No, it is not a sexual innuendo nor is it an act of violence.  In fact, it is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  It's a wonderful contribution to society made by my generation.  Planking is to lay your body down as straight and as stiff as a plank of wood.  Ok, let's practice:  Lie down flat on the floor.  Make your body as stiff and as straight as possible.  Congratulations!!!  You just planked the floor.  :)  Do you feel any sense of accomplishment?  

I swear this is the newest trend!  I did not make this up!  If you don't believe me, do what Madre always does, and Google it.  This is what I found...

This person planked a brick wall.
This person planked two camels.
This person planked a desk.
This person is teaching their child the art of planking at a very young age.
This is what I call a "mass planking".
Now do you believe me that this is what all the cool kids are doing?  One of my friends called me all excited that they did the "Plank of all Planking"...He planked a cop car.  (Planking is so important to one's reputation that you should risk getting arrested over it.  Imagine:  "Mom, I need you to bail me out of jail.  Planking a police officer on his lunch break was such a dumb idea!") I didn't believe him, but sure enough, there he was laid straight out across the lights of a cop car.  His resemblance to a lifeless plank of wood was uncanny.

Do you plank?  I want proof!!  Pics or it didn't happen.

-LMF

P.S.  I told my dad, the Viking, about this planking phenomenon.  He agreed to plank a tree stand when he goes hunting in the woods later this week.  I'm calling his bluff, but if he does do it, I'm taking credit for it!  Having your father join in on this stupidity beats any cop car nonsense.  I'd win!!  Game on.

38 comments:

  1. haha, I don't know the show but i like the idea of a piece of wood having a personality and also killing a bee. I hate bees. I am NOT girly girl about bugs at all, they do not scare or bother me, I put spiders outside all the time, but I hate bees. They are so evil. Anyway, planking is so stupid and so funny at the same time. I don't know what to make of it. Did you see The Office when they were planking? So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, never heard of it, but now it will be on my mind all day.

    Hope you A'd the accounting test. What accounting class is it? (My degree is in accounting & finance)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun those accountin exams can be, even without a bee. Seen the show as well, yes brain cells do fly out the window rather fast. Maybe that's what brought this stupid planking crap about. People already got fired over the stupid thing, dumbest thing ever, already rhymed on it, think I got dumber for doing so. Wow I can lay like a piece of wood, takes such skill, must be a thrill..haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Plank from when the older kid was really young. Funny stuff.

    I appreciate the planking thing, very creative, but have felt sorry for the goofballs who have submitted images while they are at work and were fired because of it.

    Good skill with your midterm week. I really do not miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think planking is one of the most idiotic trends ever. have you heard of "owling?" you perch on random shit and stare into the distance blankly, resembling an owl. LAME.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so impressed by the camel planking!! I've planked... although it looked like I just passed out. Check out my friend's plank on the back of that truck - fantastic. http://www.twentynineblog.com/2011/09/brief-hiatus-and-other-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. lmao I could be wrong but this MAY be the dumbest trend I've ever heard of. What the heck!
    Ok if your dad does that you need pics of course.
    As for my blog come visit tomorrow and I'll let you know which one (that's right it's singular) is false.
    I hope you got an A girl! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That baby planking picture was the funniest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new look website. It's so cool!! I hate bees. One stung me the other day and the pain lasted for nearly a week. Ouch...

    I've never heard of planking, but it sounds interesting.

    Anyway, I wish you lots of luck with your exam. Accounts is not the easiest of subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my friends, who is black, dislikes it because of the supposed reference to slavery, so I don't do it out of respect for her. But it is just harmless fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny! I just saw a pic of Snoopy that read "Has been planking for years!" and he's on top of his dog house, belly down.HAHAHA
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. lmao ohhhh planking! the strangest thing to ever catch on. and i will be so happy if your dad actually DOES do it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. What the hell is this planking thing and why??
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ps love that one of your fave books is the alchemist!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So hilarious, I can't wait to see someone planking!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAHAHAH HILARIOUS!

    Would love for you to check out my blog and follow, let me know Ill be sure to follow back

    Summer-Raye

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, I loved reading this post, it made me smile. When we were really young at school (like 6), we all had little plank pets.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hilarious! And you're right - planking is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. What on earth is the appeal?!! But reading about it through your funny words was great entertainment- thanks!

    I'm crossing my fingers, toes, etc. that you got a glorious A on your test and you can say, "Take that, you foul bee!"

    Hey thanks for all your wonderful comments on my blog! I love that you come and hang out often and it's super getting to know you. Your blog is so fresh, fun, interesting, and positive. I love reading about you and your life and your great insights into it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i remember seeing dwight howard of the orlando magic do this, and i was like, what am i missing? answer: nothing.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LMAO! love it and you are hysterical - yea, everybody is all about this now - have you heard about leisure diving yet? or owling? they're pretty funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ---The planking freaks me out...I still don't get it!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  22. lol planking is weird!!! I never did it but have seen people in action!
    My one friend does the "owl" where u squat and put your head to the side like an owl lol.
    Good luck on midterms!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm definitely enjoying your blog
    and look forward to new updates.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog :: Orlando Chiropractor

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere, when i read this paragraph i thought i could also make comment due to this brilliant paragraph.


    my homepage :: becoming a physical therapist later in life

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are in fact impressive ideas in concerning
    blogging. You have touched some pleasant factors here.
    Any way keep up wrinting.

    Here is my page :: lower back stretches for men

    ReplyDelete
  26. Do you have a spam issue on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about
    your situation; we have created some nice procedures and we are looking to swap
    strategies with others, please shoot me an
    e-mail if interested.

    Here is my web-site - Golf cart covers and Heaters

    ReplyDelete
  27. Keep this going please, great job!

    Feel free to surf to my website ... Las Vegas Golf Instruction

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think what you published was actually very reasonable.
    But, what about this? suppose you added a little content?
    I mean, I don't wish to tell you how to run your website, but what if you added a title that makes people desire more? I mean "My best friend, Plank!" is a little vanilla. You ought to peek at Yahoo's front page and see
    how they write news titles to get viewers to open the links.
    You might add a related video or a related picture or two to get people excited about everything've written. In my opinion, it would make your website a little bit more interesting.

    My webpage: Physical Therapy Schools In Florida

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm not sure why but this web site is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back later
    on and see if the problem still exists.

    Feel free to visit my blog Ladies Golf Gloves

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want to to thank you for this good read!! I certainly enjoyed every bit of it.

    I have got you book marked to check out new things you
    post…

    Here is my web site ... personal injury attorney

    ReplyDelete

Spread a smile with a comment!


Raviolis & Waterworks
My photo
Forgive quickly & kiss slowly..

R&W Instagram

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy

Labels

List That totally makes me smile Eep I really really REALLY don't know how I feel about that That lightbulb totally means I got an idea MyMan It's a holiday MushyFace I'm like so scared For the love of all things holy Yummy Yummy Yummy Friday ramblings Party Rocking Wedding I'm honored to extend the Jax seal of approval Happy Birthday Life Working women say cha ching Recipe Brother Dating Deep breathe For shame Madre Sicilian Pride Says Bada Binggg That's just so scandalous Bleh Gag Barf It's a link up That man is really yummy TheViking I'm totally not a fan Nanny Pat Hatt Question of the Month Let's play a Jax game Peaches A Life Examined Cousin Let's discuss! Biff Manly Men Go Errrrrr Memories My sincerest apologies A moment of silence All in good fun! Buddy Luciana Money Sis So stylish beauty beauty Easter Fifty Shades of Grey GodSon Happy Birthday Muffin Sigh of relief The Avengers guilty pleasures Ask Jax Book Club Carlos Contest Don't trust me with your fish Healthy habits Hipsters Home sweet home I Won I Won I Won Mancation what? Tab Thank YOU! Aaron Hernandez Candyfloss and Persie Chris Hemsworth Chris Zylka Gerard Butler Glamour Ian Somerhalder Michael Dagostino My Five Men NE Patriots Once Upon a Time Papa Pets Supernatural TV The Love Bug The Secret Circle 7% Solution Baby Childhood Fears FashionitaRG I really really REALLY want a new critter Jared Padalecki Lady In Red NFL Oui Oui Revenge Robert Downey Jr. RussianHatMan Rusty Sporkgasm Target That's just gross Youngman Brown Aaron Carter Annes Attic BJ's Sweet Nothings Betsy Boyfriend Chopstick Diet Crazy World DIY Eileen Daspin Elsie GodMother Guest Post Hollywood Spy Instagram It's a Cuban thing Jamie Dornan Jensen Ackles Just a woman and her goal L LLS Lemme Take A Selfie Linda Miraculous Ladies Miss Universe New Girl Phoebe Tonkin Rock that green thumb! Scandal Shelley Hennig Spill the juice! The Manhattan Diet The Seinfeld Syndrome Throw back! Totally dreaming Vampire Diaries Wentworth Miller Zooey Deschanel married life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved